·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
29 days 23 hours 57 mins and 40 secs until 0 hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Its gonna fly by, better get your last minute stuff all wrapped up. Behind the 8 ball here a little.:yikes:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
yep i can tell it is getting close cause my wife is starting to give me that glare!!!she has been asking me all day if i was going to do something besides sit here and watch hunting shows all day,well now she is in bed and i am watching jim shockey hunt red stag:D:D:D

tjstebb

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
If its any indication fall is near, I saw a huge flock of starlings buzzing around a field by work this afternoon. Usually dont see that until fall. Must have been a few hundred of them.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
i have been preparing myself for the hunting season for the past 6 weeks.

arranging gear in packs, cleaning out hunting closet, washing and packing clothes, getting gear ready for camp. sharpening knives, stocking up on batteries for lights.

i have been to an archery shoot every Sunday since the first of June. i also shoot 3 other times a week. broadheads are flying GREAT. got new blades for them Saturday. there is a shoot the next 4 Sundays, then it will be October.

my wife doesn't mind at all......been together for 15+ years......even with 2 kids now (6 and 15mos), i get to hunt every weekend plus the 10 days prior to gun season i have off and will be in a tree EVERY ONE OF THOSE DAYS (unless i tag out:D)

but hey....like someone else said.....who's counting the days anyways:lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
If its any indication fall is near, I saw a huge flock of starlings buzzing around a field by work this afternoon. Usually dont see that until fall. Must have been a few hundred of them.
fall coming early??????? must be global warming

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Bad news/good news.... Good: everything was ready and I was in the final preparation stage. Bad: bow string broke today, first time I've ever had one break. I swear I checked that thing a hundred times and didn't notice anything. Today I noticed the serving below the string loop was separating. Drew back and 'snap.' Good: no damage done to me or the bow. Bad: my #1 arrow was on the string when it snapped and the vane ripped when it missed the target. Good; good ol' Howard at Hog Wild Archery had a string in stock for the old Brownng Spectrum and got me up and running today. I thought for sure he'd have to order one. Bad: gotta sight in again. Good: plenty of time before season.

Got two stands hung too. Won't be in the woods until deer season.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...I can't wait!
John-Ypsi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts