Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
met up with Hunt4Ever sunday morning for my first trip on LSC ice fishing. all i can say is WOW.....i will be doing that again and again.

for the veteran anglers of LSC, this would not have been a banner day, but for me it was a very fine day on the ice.

we began fishing around 730 a.m., after lugging the shanty and equipment close to 3/4 of a mile out. caught the first fish about 5 minutes after setting up on a #2 swedish pimple and a red jensen egg. the fish inhaled the bait up to the split ring. after that, we could not get any fish to bite our offerings, so we turned to the spear.....OMG was that awesome. not only was this my first time ice fishing LSC, but my first time seeing the art of spearing for perch. when you plunge the spear into the fish, and pin it to the lake bottom and the gills flare out...the fish lost. that just blew my mind....i had to try it. next fish that came in was my first fish with a spear...only about 6", but it was training day for me.

we ended up with 22 fish between 11" and my "training" fish of 6". we were fishing the fairhaven area in about 5 feet of water. all together we saw about 75 to 80 fish during the day. we moved just once, which proved to be a good decision, since most of our bigger fish came from the second spot. one time in particular, we had 6 to 8 JUMBOS in the hole, but managed to watch them all swim away. some fish were aggresive, most fish were just nosing the baits, and only offering about a 15 to 20 second window of opportunity to spear.

again, to me it was a great day on LSC....i can't wait for my next trip. thanks for your company Hunt4Ever...we should do it again.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
good deal jstfsh, lemme know when you guys are going out on the weekends, i'd prolly be game.

steve

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
Ohhhh....I think I know where I am going tommorow....oh wait thats today now:p I need to spend the day looking at the bottom of the lake!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts