Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry for the big lapse again there folks, just getting a little busy around here now as our season is in full swing. This will also go down in history as one of my shortest reports ever as there isn't much to say that I have time for except, game on...

Had a few tougher days during the high water while fish were hard on the move, but the river is in great shape now and the clients arms are very sore. Constant action the past few days and lots of good biters mixed in with a few foul hooked. All the usual suspects as to flies, but I've been using a lot of green and orange eyed stones, egg sucking leeches, blue and purple bodied stones and of course, an assortment of eggs that are also picking up a few trout here and there.

There are fish spawning throughout the system, but we've been hitting good fresh fish from the darker pools. The hardware guys did very well from the sounds of it over the past few days as well... Lots of fish in the system, but not "every" pool is packed and we still have more to come. If you're not getting it done in one area you shouldn't have to move very far to find a spot that will. Traffic is picking up along with the fishing but thus far everyone seems to be happy and friendly. Let's try to keep it that way, everyone is, after all, out there to have a good time.

Wish I had the time or the energy to do a blow by blow of every day since last report because they've all been a great time with fun stuff to talk & type about, but a few photos will have to suffice from here. Way too many pictures taken to post 'em all, especially the past couple of days, but I've tried to include one or two from each day out. A huge thanks to all my clients for coming out, giving me the always needed business and enjoying this great resource with me. It's all of you that makes my office complete and among the best in the world. Thank you!!!

We still have some great openings for guide trips and at the Motel (please contact the shop for Motel availability). My open dates are: 10/6 & 10/12 then it opens up. John's open dates are: 10/10 & 10/13 then it opens up. By mid to late October we will start looking for steelhead. Prime dates that are up for grabs to the first caller! Give us a call...1-877-422-5394.

Please stop by the shop for all your fishing needs! We are closing out all Sage FLI fly rods and Ross Cimarron & Rhythms reels for 30% off (discount only available on products in stock). Also, please keep in mind our Fall/Winter Steelhead School - Friday, November 7th thru Sunday, November 9th

Here are some details for our up coming Steelhead school ($450 per person, please call the shop to reserve space):

Friday - 6:30pm Meet @ Motel BBT! We have reserved the entire facility just for the school. 7:00pm Wine and cheese reception and introductions. 7:30pm Equipment Basics/Flies - The basic types, sizes & what they represent. Leaders - Construction and function. Lines - Weight, taper and function. Rods - Length, weight and action. Reels - Types, size, drag, set-up and backing. Gear - Waders, vest, etc... 8:30pm Discussion of various techniques. C & D, Single hand indicator, spey, and swinging streamers. 10:00pm Done for the night.

Saturday - 8:00am Breakfast, show up dressed comfortably. 8:45am Get ready to hit the stream. 9:00am Depart for morning fishing clinic. If you have a rod/rig that you'd like to use, feel free to bring it along. 9:15am Fishing Clinic. Demonstrate and use the various methods discussed the night prior. Q & A 1:00pm Back to camp for lunch. 2:15pm Great lakes Steelhead. Discussion of the history of these fish in the region as well as it’s habits and habitat at various points of the seasons. 3:00pm Collect actual food samples and compare actual to artificial to "match the hatch". 3:30pm More work on technique, then back to camp. 6:30pm Dinner.

Sunday - 8:00am Breakfast 9:00am Pair up in twos, then meet your guide for the day's float trip and hit the river for a full day of fishing and learning. Your guide is first and foremost an instructor, take advantage of the one to two ratio as well as his knowledge and skill. Your lunch will be provided by the guide and cooked on-stream. 5:00pm Graduation @BBT!

Please contact the shop to sign up for our steelhead school.

Information on our Destination travel-

We only have two spots left for our first week in Argentina (January 17 - 24) and two spots left in the second week (January 24 - 31). The package price per person based on double occupancy is US $2,995.00 and includes:

· Six full days guided fishing (with expert, local bilingual (Spanish-English) fly-fishing guide)
· All your lodging, meals and beverages. (Including Beer & Wine)
· Transportation to and from the Airport in Bariloche

Please contact John or I for more details and/or if you would like to reserve a spot on this great trip!

Tight lines all,
Steve

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Thanks for the report Steve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts