Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is your official thread for the rest of the season guys.

Your team representative in the MS vs OS contest is: kneedeep

Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Hey, we have a new home!

·
Registered
293 Posts
It feels good to be home...

So out of curiosity, who on our team elected to be archery only? I did and can at least guarantee a doe. I'll be hunting primarily Barry and Calhoun counties. I thought I read that any member on your team that chose bow only your team got extra points for.. is that still happening or no?

Only 14 days left till bow opener.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Im bow only also, you get 2 extra point for bow only or if you picked gun only but not for combo. I will try to put up some point for us in the early season, the hoyt is all tuned up and ready to rock:evil:.

·
Premium Member
30,941 Posts
Lethal Injection? Why not "Lethal Infection" in honor of the CDW dicovery?:yikes::D:lol:

Big T

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
:lol: That was funny. NOW BACK IN YOUR CORNER MISTER!:lol:

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
I'm bow only. I'll take a doe or 2 for meat, but my buck prospect is up in the air. I lost 2 properties from last year (one was a 360 acre farm with a 20 acre pond/swamp :( ) but I picked up 2 and am working on a third new property along with the family land in Arenac County. I bow hunt right through rifle season anyways.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
just got done putting up my ground blind looks awsome and its surronded. by apple trees that the deer are tearing up. Come on backstraps:corkysm55. Sorry to hear about you land Quakr I lost my land this year to , I put 3 nice bucks on my wall in 5 years 1 of the in the up 130's. It was only 10 acers but I guess I didnt need anymore. It sucks!!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I am hunting as a combo hunter. Will be out this Friday and hoping to score a quik 5 points for the team!

·
Registered
580 Posts
QDMAMAN was just stopping by to put his two cents in about our name, which was very funny.

I am hunting combo. The area I hunt generally is really good for bow, okay for gun, but starting around thanksgiving through muzzleloader gets really good, especially if we get some snow and cold temps. I am heading out west on November 6th and will be back the within a day or so of our gun opener, so I hope to get a big boy down during the first couple weeks of bow, and will then probably cool it to keep my wife happy, until I get back from out west. I did draw a bow hunt on Shiawassee National from December 1 through 5th, not sure on exact dates, around that period. Have some good spots located. I will put down a doe, but generally will wait until muzzleloader. Good luck guys!!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
kneedeep - any idea how we add that banner to the bottom of our posts for the rest of the team members?? - as you can see I figured it out. Lookin good!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well - one more time. Had my ego put in check last night. I showed my wife our team logo. She said sounds like a name I could use at home, thinking she was referring to the lethal injection, I thought it was a complement, she was quick to point out that she was referring to the silent but deadly part. oh well:lol:

·
Premium Member
30,941 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,646 Posts
I seen that guys pic in Knudsens in Brooklyn right after he shot it. What an idiot!!!!

By the way I'm a combo hunter. Not sure if I'm gonna get out for the early doe season, if I do it will be saturday. Good luck guys.

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
I'm representing both bow and gun. Last year I did bow only. The extra points were nice but I would have gotten more points doing a combo.

I've been away for awhile and have not and will not be able to scout out my property. I'll get there the weekend before the opener. So I'll do one walk through and see what going on. It usually doesn't change to much but one of the four property's on our south line changed hands. It was a serious bedding area and high pressure get away section. I've been told that someone has put a large camper right in the middle of the property. Which should drive the majority of deer to take refuge in our abandoned orchard (which they normally do early in the season).

We'll see what happens and then report back mid-October.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah that guy that shot that buck is a douche bag "I forgot to get my tag" He even admits he remembered he didn't have it before he shot it when the deer walked in. No more record for you.. way to go ace.

Anyway I've been seeing quite a few deer coming around our crab apple trees the last few weeks. They usually have everything pretty well cleared out of there by Oct. but sometimes early they're still hitting them looking for left overs. No sightings of anything impressive but there was a descent little basket 6 and a small 8 that I have seen a couple times. The little 6 hasn't really got anything to worry about.... for now... but seeing as I didn't get any antlers with the bow last year I'm afraid that 8 is fair game for me.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
if you want the pic for your signature just right click on my pic hit copy then go to user cp and go to edit signature right click on the screen and hit paste and then save. good luck fellas on some early does!!

1 - 20 of 196 Posts