Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is your official thread for the rest of the season guys.

Your team representative in the MS vs OS contest is: dsconnell

Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Alright we have our own thread now...I'll be out in the a.m leaving bout 430 have bout an hour ride to get to my spot....Will be sure to check in tomorrow night.. using my Triumph and entered as a bow hunter so wont count but will still be ok for a doe bow.. should be atleast.. goodluck guys and goodluck to our TEAM REP DSCONNELL!!!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Alright well I got a doe today!!! at about 8:15 was watching a 4 point eat some grass and just walk around then look up and see her coming right behind him watched them both for a few then took the shot was 47 yrds dropped her with my Triumph...Felt good to be back in the stand..I only have pics on my phone because I was by myself will try to post one in a little bit

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
All in all we saw 11-12 this morning.. 5 Bucks, videod one of them shredding a tree.. Never had a doe come close enough to us ( I was filming Casscityalum ) but Scotty shot one at 8:15 also 200 yards from us.. And then I had to hold him off from shooting another one..

Congrats Ant!!

Scott saw 5 deer and 3 were bucks I believe.. maybe more..

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
This morning I saw 9 deer, Didnt take the shot due to distance (over 260 yds.) When I finally had 3 does move into 160 yds, I caouldnt distinguish in BB or Doe so I elected to pass. Going to a working farm tonight so ill check in later...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Way to start it off Ant, filling the freezer in September, isn't it great. I am going to film my wife trying to get her first deer with a bow tonight, but I'll be out in the morning in my favorite oak flat. Good luck everyone! It's finally deer season!!!!:)

·
Premium Member
31,089 Posts
And you took precious time to take a picture? Weren't you afraid it would rot before you could get it to the processor? :D:lol:
I bet all the bucks left the county when you shot never to return until January!
The flowers in the picture are a nice touch.
Nice doe! Congrats!

Big T

·
Registered
576 Posts
haha actually no joke i was standing there about 10 mins after the shot punching in my tag i look up and there is a 6 point and a doe standing in the same twotrack my doe was on about 30 yards away we stare eachother down for about 10 seconds and they both took off ... I know the 4 point she was with when i shot sure took off. here is a pic i was trying to take a pic of this 4 point with my phone...if you look close you can actually see the doe behind it. i never knew she was there when i was taking the picture

And you took precious time to take a picture? Weren't you afraid it would rot before you could get it to the processor? :D:lol:
I bet all the bucks left the county when you shot never to return until January!
The flowers in the picture are a nice touch.
Nice doe! Congrats!

Big T

·
Registered
537 Posts
What a nice night to be in the woods! Long sleeve T-shirt and mosquitoes, hardly seems like backstrap season already. I was trying to film my wife get her first ever deer tonight and just her luck, all we say were bucks! I felt kinda bad when first a yearling 4 pointer passed by at 20 yards and then a nice 2 1/2 year old 8-point close behind. Even though she did not get to let an arrow fly, she said it was a very exciting night. I will be headed out in the morning to give it a try. It's suppose to be in the mid 40's, should be a nice morning!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Nice work Ant01, thought I heard you shoot! Only about 13-14 shots this morn and a couple in the evening. It was nice, 1BK and 2 does they were in range but just behind some branches so I let'em slide tonite. The buck got under an oak and stayed there for about 30 min the does came in from the NW and hit the same spot as the buck. We will be adjusting tomorrow got the nephew looking for his 1st.

I dont know about you guys but I am not used to all that green with a slug gun in tow. Feels good to be out there though.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well guys, I got my doe this morning with my bow at about 8:45. Can someone explain to my exactly how I am suppose to get the pictures from photo bucket to this site (kinda new at this). Also, how do I get our team emblem on the bottom of each post?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Good job November Dreaming, I greased one this evening also, my nephew got his first deer in the morning also that was pretty fricking cool. That was a first for me coaching a 12 year old kid. It's a pretty good story too.
I will try and post pics and story Sat sometime. I gotta figure how to post pics also.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Good job November Dreaming, I greased one this evening also, my nephew got his first deer in the morning also that was pretty fricking cool. That was a first for me coaching a 12 year old kid. It's a pretty good story too.
I will try and post pics and story Sat sometime. I gotta figure how to post pics also.
Well guys, I got my doe this morning with my bow at about 8:45. Can someone explain to my exactly how I am suppose to get the pictures from photo bucket to this site (kinda new at this). Also, how do I get our team emblem on the bottom of each post?
Great job guys. I think that's 3 for Team Direct Hit!!

I think in order to receive the points for these deer you need to go here and post the pictures http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252013

As far as posting pictures from photo bucket, I'm not too sure I can help. I always add photos to my collection on this site, then copy and paste the location of that file into a post. Maybe there is an easier way but that is how I do it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
HOW to add a sinature or banner.. Copy the picture then go to user cp then to edit signature then paste it in the space. and save......

·
Registered
576 Posts
Goodjob guys cant wait to see the pics.. Im gonna be heading back out to Lexington for the day tomorrow. Gonna take my brother in law try to get him a doe. I'll be using my bow this time so if i get lucky tomorrow it will count for our team. Goodluck everyone

1 - 20 of 127 Posts