Zoo Cougar Fly Pattern
- Straight eye streamer
- 6/0 yellow unithread or heavier
- optional, can be fished with sinking line
- yellow marabou
- perl color flashbou
- yellow dyed mallard flank
- white calf tail
- yellow deer hair spun and clipped to shape leaving a collar.
- This fly can be weighted but it is normally fished with a full sinking line and a short stout leader. Originated by Kelly Galloup at http://www.troutsman.com, it is one of the best trophy trout flies developed in recent years. Thanks to Rickey Drager.