North Branch Drake Fly Pattern
- Mustad #94840 or #94833
- #14 - #18
- black 6/0
- deer body hair, tied over hook shank, extended past the bend of the hook,
- deer hair body (entended from the body), tied tight at the bend of the hook, so that it flares to become the trail.
- black, crisscrossed thread.
- deer hair, tied down over wing, trude styles.
- This is a creation of Frank Vesely from Flint, Michigan, where he taught fly tying at Mott Community College. It's a great fly to use during the summer months when you're in between hatches. It's easy to tie and it's a great floater. The original recipe called for a doe hair (mask) for the body and tail. Deer body hair seems to be a fine substitute. Thanks to Tom Deschanie for this pattern.