2. Attached Files:

3. Ingredients
    • 1 64 oz bottle apple juice
    • 1 64 oz bottle apple cider
    • 3 cups sugar
    • 14 cinnamon sticks divided
    • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    • 1 750 ml bottle 190 proof Everclear grain alcohol or the highest proof vodka you can find.
    • Instructions
    1. Bring the apple juice, cider, sugar, nutmeg, ground cinnamon and 8 cinnamon sticks to a boil.

2. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
    3. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
    4. Add alcohol to mixture. **CAUTION: Do not add alcohol near a flame or heat source. It is highly flammable. Make sure mixture is completely cooled before adding alcohol.
    5. Strain the cinnamon sticks out and pour into jars.
    6. Divide remaining 6 cinnamon sticks among jars.

7. Place lids on jars and allow to sit in a cool, dry place for 1 month before enjoying.
    8. Please enjoy responsibly.
    Nutrition Facts
    Best Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 409

% Daily Value*
    Sodium
    1mg 0%
    Potassium
    35mg 1%
    Total Carbohydrates
    106g 35%
    Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
    Sugars 100g

Vitamin A 0.5%
    Vitamin C 0.4%
    Calcium 8.4%
    Iron 4.1%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
  4. This was posted again today in a thread, it is the same recipe that I have used in the past and it makes some fantastic smoked salmon. I have also used it on carp a couple of times and they turned out great.

One thing I found was that if I sprinkled a light dusting of Cinnamon just before the pieces went in the smoker on some of them the kids acted like it was candy. And some adults too.

Danger Dans Fish Brine

5 Gallon Bucket or Cambro
    3 Gallons Water (Hot water will help dissolve ingredients. Chill prior to adding fish.)
    2 Cups Kosher Salt
    1 Cup White Sugar
    2 Cups Brown Sugar
    ¼ Cup Worcestershire Sauce
    2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
    1 Pound Honey
    1/3 Cup Lime Juice
    ¼ Cup Soy Sauce

"I have found that air curing whatever you are smoking before you smoke it is an important step. You need the fish/meat to form a pellicle. This "skin" acts as velcro for the smoke. Apple, Pear or Cherry woods are my favorites. "
    This is the quote from Puny Trout that accompanied todays post, and although I don't remember doing it on purpose, I think that it would help.
  5. I got around to installing the cork on one of my older reels today, so here is how I do it. I am not the best of photographers but you should be able to follow the procedure.

1. Measure the width of the spool and determine how many cork layers you want to put on the spool. I cut the cork just a tad wider so that it fits tight against both sides of the spool.

2. Wrap the first layer of cork onto the spool and mark the cork for cutting to length needed. I then wrap and check for correct length.

3. Cut about 2" of double side tape and attach to one end of the cork, place on spool and wrap tightly around spool bring the loose end up to lay snug against the first edge, apply pressure to cork to seal down.
    Since starting this I have stopped using the tape, and it works just fine as long as cork is a tight fit.

4. Repeat step 2 and 3 for each layer of cork.

I have been adding about 10-15 yards of standard 20# backing over the cork and then attach my mainline. I feel that this might help to keep the mainline from bedding down along the edge of the cork and for us old fogey's act as a warning if you do happen to run into a screamer that wants to take all your line.

Since I first posted this a few years ago, others have suggested using the 2-3 mm foam sheet material that is available at most craft stores. One advantage would be that you could color coordinate with your reel or rod.

100_0547.JPG 100_0547.JPG 100_0548.JPG 100_0549.JPG 100_0551.JPG
  6. From the DNR.

We've received guidance from Lansing that trout bead rigs will be considered legal, as long as the hook is relatively close to the bead (resulting in the fish being hooked in the mouth). In the past there has been some question about this rig because of the bare hook below the bead. Kind of similar to how some fish wobble glos. Intent goes a long way in the eyes of a CO- if the angler is truly trying to get fish to bite, that is very important.

The one caveat is that trout bead rigs would not be legal in any flies-only reaches, as a plastic bead does not meet the legal definition of a fly.

Hope that helps!