close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zone 2 opener reports

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Jerry Lamb, Oct 8, 2017.

1. MasterBaiters

MasterBaiters

nice pics
    nice pics good to c the youngns involved!

2. MasterBaiters

MasterBaiters

lol,do you have an application to fill out for safe waterfowling partner,a lil long on the tooth and move like a snail but passion and desire supercede physical handicaps! it s always good to be out,live in the thumb and the waterfowl opportunities are limited,willing to drive,dont cook or do dishes,have made coffee at least that's what it said on the jar?

3. LumberJ

LumberJ

We had a pretty good opener. Lots of other hunters in the area but we managed to pick up 7 on Saturday and after some afternoon scouting found a good spot for Sunday. Managed our 6 woodies within the first 20 min of shooting time Sunday morning. Looked at the Garmin after our Saturday scouting and it turns out we put 14 miles on the boots that day. Needless to say the pup needs a few days to recover before the Z3 opener

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jerry Lamb

Jerry Lamb

Nice looking pup J-man. Love the alert bottom picture

LumberJ likes this.
  5. andyotto

andyotto

Yes. That dog sure looks like an athlete.

LumberJ likes this.
  6. michiganoutdoorsman

michiganoutdoorsman

I must have missed that on Facebook, good for Eli! Beautiful bird, mounting it? That would be one heck of a birthday present

7. DEDGOOSE

DEDGOOSE

Your not alone I know essentially every field they use for a half hour in any direction. I normally hunt geese and could not find a field worth hunting but a sanctuary field. Drove my ass off for a week. Even the good pasture ponds we hunt are dead.

Couple days ago had a good field, give it one more scout, gone in another field we can hunt, next morning another field and now all but gone.

Like you used to having a 1000 bird field for opener with Mallards mixed in Most I've seen 150 ish. I have a normal sanctuary pasture I use as a barometer, normally right now, can't fit another goose 2k, 200 maybe. Dunno

Seeing geese really spread out, 25 here 40 here. I ain't wasting my time for that.

With all the corn knocked down we need the discs to come out to concentrate. Their spread out and bouncing

adam bomb likes this.
  8. LumberJ

LumberJ

Thanks Jerry. I'll have to make a point to get out to the island this year. It's been too long since we hunted together

9. Jerry Lamb

Jerry Lamb

You're welcome any time, and we're dog friendly. Steve has been keeping me updated

10. Outdoor Gal

Outdoor Gal

It sure would have! It made a very nice birthday dinner though. ;) He was SO excited to eat it, and the ramen noodles. Lol. (I hardly ever buy them.)

I finally got the weekend photos all sorted and cleaned up. You should see a post on FB soon. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Dave636, babs2699, andyotto and 6 others like this.
  11. Aaronjeep2

Aaronjeep2

That's awesome he looks so excited to eat it.the duck looks cooked perfectly to.

Outdoor Gal likes this.
  12. Outdoor Gal

Outdoor Gal

I can't take the credit for that. My husband is the master when it comes to wild game cooking. Apricot glaze and cooked medium rare (he says almost overdone) on cast iron. So tasty! Sure hope we can get a few more this weekend.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Aaronjeep2 likes this.
  13. andyotto

andyotto

That's just awesome! Way to go.