Your Spring Steelhead Rig

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by marn1186, Mar 18, 2013.

1. marn1186

marn1186

What is your favorite Steelhead fishing method in the Spring? Float? Chuck and Duck? Lets hear it and your rig set up.

2. METTLEFISH

METTLEFISH

Hmmmm..... well..... hmmmmm.... so many productive ways to catch Steelhead, I try to utilize as many as I can just to keep things interesting, plugs, spoons, spinners, spawn and especially yarn (the right way) crawlers, wobble glo's, minnows... what did I miss.. oh yea, shrimp! Right now un like last year we have late winter conditions and a lot of pooled / hold / holes fish still. The one thing I try to not do is bed fish.

3. swaprat

swaprat

here are some to try:

This is the rig I use if the water is fast

[​IMG]

This is the rig I use if the water is slow. Deeper the water most of the time slower it moves same as center pinning just with a spinning rod. i also got a pin rod it is just easier right now till i learn it better..

[​IMG]

All is done with A okuma guide select spinning rod that is meant for float drift fishing. This is all paired with a Mitchell 300xce reel with about 8-10 pound mono most of the time it is trilene xl. Sometimes I am using a snap swivel instead of the three way swivel with 1/8 to ¾ ounce. Rigged to flies or steel head jigs made with mustad hooks. If I get in to salmon “fall” I use the same Mitchell with a shimano convergence medium action medium power rod good for 1/8 -3/4 once and 8-17 pound line same set up. When fishing salmon most of the time I will use spawn flies rarely work but can trigger a strike now and then. Also don’t fish the gravel bar’s that poaching man! That or the floss and the yank and bank are illegal so don’t do it plain and simple.

4. Upnorth365

Upnorth365

5. broad1kj

broad1kj

Floatin Bags N Bugs/SURF FISHING