Your ice fishing invention/improvements

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by WALLEYE MIKE, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    What do you call those wide washers with the small holes? Fender washers? I felt with the braces running across the bottom underneath and three bolts through the sled on each brace in line for 9 contact points, that it was enough.
    The bolts are in the trench of the sled, and stair grip tape 2 inches wide is on the "floor" of the sled.

Waif likes this.
  2. Waif

Waif

Fender washers do have a decent bearing surface and would temp myself as well.

Jimbos likes this.

3. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    We shall see, as of now I'm just pulling it by hand but a tow bar and an ATV is a very easy possibility.

4. Renegade07

Renegade07

Anybody make any cases for there cameras? The case on my cfish is starting to fall apart and I'm looking for some ideas.

5. nick 74

nick 74

I think a simple box with a hinged top and handle would work fine. Two things I was going to do for mine was make the box taller so it was easier to see the monitor. Also have the screen back inside far enough so the glare from the sun didn't affect viewing . Maybe a boat cleat on the side so u could quickly wrap your camera cable around it??

6. Drisc13

Drisc13

I mounted my Vexilar on top of my C-fish monitor in a 5 gallon bucket. Cut out a window for monitor and made a holder for camera cord out of 1x4 cedar trim. Battery for cam hasta be external due to room but I spliced in some alligator clips and viola. I supported the Vex with 3 vertical 1x's so it is stable and I can lift it out of the bucket when I want to hole hop. Works perfectly for what I wanted! piece.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Stand By likes this.
  7. ajkulish

ajkulish

I am not about to go through 38 pages to see if anyone has mentioned this yet, but if you are like me and have a hard time justifying 50 dollars for a piece of injection molded plastic, here is your alternative.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Large-Mixing-Tub-26101/301943160

The large concrete mixing tub is every bit as useful as a Jet Sled, and rings in at 13 bucks. Even has built in measuring tapes. Used it all 3 days this weekend and it is the bomb.

8. jayjoz

jayjoz

Depth adjustable transducer mount (Garmin Striker 4) 20180109_175519.jpg 20180114_103937.jpg

ma1979 and Sturat like this.
  9. baker

baker

Damn your set up is perfect...

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

jayjoz likes this.
  10. jayjoz

jayjoz

Dead stick/rod holder

Attached Files:

MISTURN3 likes this.
  11. jayjoz

jayjoz

Milk crate rod holder/transporter

Attached Files:

Sturat likes this.
  12. Sturat

Sturat

jayjoz likes this.
  13. Herefishyfishy01

Herefishyfishy01

Love my c-fish camera. Why no other major company has come out with the 360 pan is crazy.

Dealing with that stupid tripod and camera swinging. That 360 pan is where it's at!!!!

speters427 likes this.