close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Your ice fishing invention/improvements

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by WALLEYE MIKE, Dec 18, 2005.

1. kisherfisher

kisherfisher

Looks like you have it all , but Jed Clampet comes to mind ! Lol

6Speed and CABELKINS2000 like this.
  2. CABELKINS2000

CABELKINS2000

I resemble that statement Kisher!

kisherfisher likes this.

3. kcfishin

kcfishin

Got my daughter pumped up for another season of ice fishing. We bought a 16ft string of LED lights and wired it to a dimmer/mode switch and alligator clips to a fish finder battery. $30 total supplies. Found idea on another site. Makes just enough light for a night of fishing without blinding you.[​IMG]

foxfire69 and moosecat like this.
  4. Jhnd121

Jhnd121

Some mods to my Frabil Pro, first put in a leveled floor with outdoor carpetting. Next built a storage area in the front for rod storage under the seat. Next I attached a milk crate for propane tanks, then a built in box for my propane heater. Lastly (for now), I put in a built in area for my minnow cooler.
    I am going to get a bucket bracket so the bucket won't slide around in the sled either.

Attached Files:

RedBlazer likes this.
  5. Worm Dunker

Worm Dunker

Looks good how much weight did it add?

6. Jhnd121

Jhnd121

I would say about 10 lbs., but this shanty is only for running around with the atv, it weighed about 100lbs. before any mods to begin with.

7. Milbo

Milbo

I saw something like this to keep track of your catch yesterday at D & R in Kazoo. Looked like a good idea so swiped a few beads from my daughter and made a couple.

Attached Files:

8. scooter_trasher

scooter_trasher

SkiSoloII and Ralph Smith like this.
  9. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

Make sure you can read the gas gage! lol

10. scooter_trasher

scooter_trasher

If you would have drank more beer you might not remember that :)

Ralph Smith likes this.
  11. JoeLansing

JoeLansing

My biggest improvement was dropping 45 pounds of me. 190# to 145#. I'm getting old. I felt like I wanted a Meijers electric scooter before. Now I can skip rope. I can haul more crap, and don't get out of breath. Oh, and 2 years ago I went from 2 packs of Marlboro Reds a day, to vaping. No tar in my lungs anymore, and my lungs are cleaning up. I can run up 5 flights of stairs now, after smoking for 40 years..:) I'm 58. No matter how skinny and sexy I get, I'm not a fish magnet yet. Unless you count old ladies..:(
    - Joe

12. Stand By

Stand By

Anybody around Gaylord area able to weld aluminum? I have a bit of aluminum on hand to make some ski legs for my sled and maybe a couple other projects.

13. Worm Dunker

Worm Dunker

I did some trading with a fellow member here and got a older Clam trap two person flip shelter. First I pulled out all the seats and moved one in to the center of the tub. Then raised the seat three inches. The other seat I removed the seat and moved the track all the way to the far side so I could still use it for storage. Then I put a small piece of plywood where the seat bolted to the track then drilled holes for pliers and mounted a small Tupperware to keep bait and small tools. I didn't take pictures because for some reason I can't post pictures anymore.

14. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    I realize this is the off season, but I wanted to get all set up early since deer hunting gets in the way of any serious ice preparations other than pole rigging, so I invented(lol) this framing system to attach skis to my sled which my son drew up plans for and manufactured for me(he owns a machine shop).
    It allowed me to purchase some 10 buck skis, drill holes and countersunk allen head screws into the round stock aluminum which he drilled and tapped and bolt the skis to the framing system. On top of the round stock is a flat 2 inch bar stock with cross members and an angular cross brace to tie it all in. The round stock are different heights to accommodate the various thickness of the skis and the extra cross brace that runs on an angle across. It's made 2 inches wide on either side for tracking stability.
    My son will manufacture more and sell them if there's a demand, PM me if interested.
    IMO this is better than buying the wood ski mounting systems floating around the internet.

IMG_20170409_114543951.jpg IMG_20170409_114602174.jpg IMG_20170409_114749656.jpg

15. Waif

Waif Premium Member

Nice. I just put my Smitty along the shed knowing the wood needs preservation.
    Does your design include backing plates inside the tub?

Jimbos likes this.