Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Youper

967 views 0 replies 0 participants last post by  bearboyluvsQDM 
G
#1 ·
Hi Youper,
I dont usually start new baits this late in the season.I never seem to get very good action at the newer baits before the hunting season ends.At one of my baitsites, I have had regular visits from 3 Sows and their 8 cubs.I have also had several other bears including another Sow without cubs and at least 2 Boars.I have not been able to peg the boars that visit this site down to a certain time.I usually see them unexpectedly at odd times of day.Have you seen other tracks at your bait site that dont belong to the Sow and cubs? This particular bait that I mention is specifically for Sows with cubs and I usually spook the boars at this site off.I try to attract them to other sites.If you think a new bait site will help in your case,Then I say go for it.What has the hunting pressure been like in your area? How many bear have been taken near the area that you hunt?
Bearboy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.