You know its going to be a bad evening sit.

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by eriedawn79, Oct 26, 2020.

1. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

It wouldn't be a huge loss if his shack burned down with him inside it.......

Is it bad to hope for a lab explosion?

Perfect situation for a land mine!

Kidding. Kinda.

2. Chessieman

Chessieman

This just happened in St. Clair County a few weeks ago. The owner comes back the second day and sees stuff outside of the pole barn that was broken into that weekend. He shot the guy leaving that was trying to run him over. Word is the owner got arrested, we figure he probably went over there with a uncased pistol. Remember your case to be legal!

https://www.thetimesherald.com/stor...aking-and-entering-clyde-township/3568978001/

jiggin is livin likes this.

3. DM90

DM90

It always amazes me that someone can get shot in the face and not be dead.

aacosta likes this.
  4. Walleyze247

Walleyze247

Your facebook post showed up on my timeline yesterday (family member shared it), so it must be getting around. Hopefully, law enforcement will be able to locate the perpetrator. Your report should raise awareness, and add to a stolen items list. It seems like it takes a several breakins before they are caught. I would think your best remedy is good insurance.

Milosh and jiggin is livin like this.
  5. eriedawn79

eriedawn79

Its all covered. My kid tells me not to be so mad maybe they needed it. She's 7yo so hard to tell her about why they really took the stuff. Damn shame.
    Sent from my SM-G970U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

6. gatorman841

gatorman841 Premium Member

Really sucks bud , sorry man. You know how much I’ve dealt with over the years it’s sad. Then meth heads are all over our area out there

up520, eriedawn79 and jiggin is livin like this.
  7. Milosh

Milosh

I don’t have Facebook but my wife does and she showed it to me. We live 10 minutes from the area and have had our garage broken into twice. I hope the bastard pays.

8. Walleyze247

Walleyze247

I am very close as well, luckily no thefts yet.

9. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium

Try Liberty Civil Defense ammunition. 50 grain rounds and travel about 2000 FPS out of a 9mm. The inner contents of the skull would probably turn to pudding!

10. up520

up520

Need to put a little GPS tracker in the casing of a trail camera - leave it where it is noticeable
    They are very small and fairly affordable now - Just sayin :mischeif:

DM90 likes this.
  11. up520

up520

That is a very intelligent and caring young lady you have - Big thumbs up - you did a great job instilling that compassion and lack of selfishness especially in these goofy times.

DM90 likes this.
  12. up520

up520

I'm going to provide a prospective from someone who has over 29 years on the job as a LEO

The courts ultimately see these as property crimes. Yes you have the right and obligation to protect yourself and family.....legal insert here.... using only reasonable amounts of force necessary

If this guy is going to claim self defense - I hope it is. The shot angles, distance, frame of mind, prior sleep, alcohol/ medication consumption, prior history, training, value of items taken, and loads of other crap are going to be scrutinized for months if not years. The win or loose legal bill the shooter will have for the criminal (charged or not he needs a GOOD attorney) and civil (will be sued by the POS thief) aspects are going to be well in excess of stuff from a pole barn. We are talking about 10s of thousands of dollars win/ loose.

I'm not saying its right; it is reality. This is all on top of any political issues from public perception. The best thing that can happen for the property owner is a massive local upheaval to pressure the states attorney/ prosecutor, sheriff, mayor, etc... to not charge this guy and charge the Ahole who is the real criminal.

Best option is to take pics, license plates, vehicle / suspect descriptions, and let LEO know. Time is on our side not the thieving POS.

Sorry for the downer post but I have seen far too many great people get screwed by a system only for sticking up for their constitutional rights.

When hunting stay safe and harness up

13. Jiw275

Jiw275

Not a downer post, but a reality check for the keyboard commandos.

up520, Chessieman, DM90 and 1 other person like this.
  14. DM90

DM90

I'm willing to trust your opinion on this matter since you are obviously an expert on the "Cranium" judging by your name ;) haha sorry for my cheesy dad joke, I had to say it

15. Chessieman

Chessieman

Yep, something to think about before you go half cocked!

up520 and DM90 like this.