You can't fix stupid............

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Marty H, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Marty H

Marty H

Had a guy at work today tell me he loves the way our DNR keeps making it easier and easier to shoot more bucks this year ! I was a little confused so I asked him what he meant. He said with confidence " Well ya know, our buck tags can be doe tags and our doe tags can be buck tags ! I plan on shooting 6 or 7 bucks this year ! " I tried to correct him immediately but he was positive he was right because the guy at the party store where he got his licenses told him so ! I tried again to correct him, even went out to my truck and got the hunting digest but he would have none of it ! He said it was a special late ruling on the deer season. I wish the NRC would quit adding these new and special changes with our deer tags . I hope this guy has deep pockets !

2. retired dundo

retired dundo

Some people shouldn’t evan be allowed in the woods let alone with a gun

3. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Is he your boss at work?.. asking for a friend.. lol

4. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

Imagine him being your neighbor. Lol

5. wpmisport

wpmisport

He's a better hunter than you think. He routinely get the opportunity to shoot 6 or 7 bucks a season.

DM90 and MichiFishy like this.
  6. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Maybe he wants to shoot a bunch of button bucks. They are very abundant where I hunt

7. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

He is half right. If he purchased a combo tag and maxed out his antlerless tags he can shoot 12 bucks. 10 of which have to have less than 3” of antler length or have shed there 10pt rack.

8. Dish7

Dish7

Meh...that's about a day and half worth.

9. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

upload_2020-10-7_19-57-33.png

10. wpmisport

wpmisport

Nice, how many a year you think?

11. Dish7

Dish7

Different bucks of all ages, 20-25 give or take. Many multiple sightings. Just a guess. Usually have a day or two during the rut seeing double digits. All that said, has little to do with my hunting ability and more to due with high deer density, good habitat and trigger restraint.

sniper, kingfisher 11, Craves and 2 others like this.
  12. Marty H

Marty H

No, never saw him before, just a customer.

DM90 likes this.
  13. Marty H

Marty H

Ya know I almost didn't even post this except I wonder how many other hunters get this wrong . Bad advice from other idiots or just dumb enough to brag about their hunting activities to anyone. I suppose they keep the authorities funded if they get caught enough. I've bumped into a few over the years, mostly bragging or just talking about their activities and not thinking they'd ever get caught. I reported a guy a few years ago because his wife was talking to someone else about how he had just shot a big 10 point during the youth hunt and I knew this guy was about 30 years old. I asked her why he did that and she said he'd hunted in one of the first youth hunts and he enjoyed it so much he didn't want to stop. Called a CO the next day, gave him the guy's name and address but didn't ever hear another thing about it . Hope they nailed him !

DM90 and retired dundo like this.
  14. brookie1

brookie1

You want the NRC to quit implementing changes because people are stupid? We do enough things in this country to cover the idiots now. The combo tag has been baffling hunters for 22 years "Two tags!!??!!? What do I do??? What if I kill deer out of order???". Best just to let things take their course.