Work out Time

Discussion in 'Out of state hunts' started by buckykm1, May 16, 2018 at 6:15 AM.

1. buckykm1

buckykm1

I have had a lot going on this year, and have slacked off on working out.
    But I drew my Elk tag again, so it's time to get serous about working out again.
    I plan on religiously working out on my Treadmill, Elliptical and Total gym 3 days a week.
    and also riding my Bike a few times a week around the block 7 to 10 miles depending on which way I go.
    I'm on a diet too, and plan on losing at-least 20 pounds before October.
    being 65 and pushing 66 hard, keeping my weight down is my biggest challenge these days.
    But one of these guys sure helps to motivate me.
    IMG_1038.JPG

Kevin

2. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

3. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

Yeah, tell me about it!

buckykm1 likes this.
  4. buckykm1

buckykm1

lol, just wait till you're my age, you are still a pup. lol

Kevin

5. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

I hear you loud and clear. Nothing much going on over winter. Spring, if you could call it that, was spent wife sitting after her knee replacement. Yesterday was first real day in the woods and it should not have been spent compassing over seemingly endless deadfall and blowdown aspen and conifer. All that stretching and climbing was definitely unwise and last evening my legs constantly reminded me of that. In fact, they reminded me all night. What's that old saying: If it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger. We shall see. FM

buckykm1 likes this.
  6. The Doob

The Doob

I'm in the same boat Bucky - a little late getting started this year. I didn't get drawn for Montana so I went through a period of "screw it". But we are still in for Colorado and the draw for muzzle loader deer season in our area has been 100%.
    Just finished a 4.5 mile hike and as I sit here typing this there is some concern that I may not be able to get out of the chair :confused:

buckykm1 and deepwoods like this.
  7. deepwoods

deepwoods Premium Member

Doing the same. One of the best things we found is hiking up and down the high banks of the Au Sable. Just like the real deal but not as high. Really helps to brake in boots too.

QDMAMAN, Mr Mom and buckykm1 like this.
  8. brushbuster

brushbuster

Im on a no carb diet and started a construction work out program, 1st week was digging basement footings, next up is laying concrete block, followed by log stacking, and truss raising. Should be in good shape by August 1st for my Alaska packrafting trip.

QDMAMAN, Huntmaster143 and buckykm1 like this.
  9. buckykm1

buckykm1

My first week on my Diet went well, I lost 8 pounds, hopefully this week is at-least 1/2 that good ?.

Kevin