Wohoo!

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by quest32a, Mar 29, 2006.

1. quest32a

quest32a Mods

I got my Center Pin! I am excited :D
    Raven Eclipse matched with a 13 foot cedar rod. Slightly used but it was a great deal to get me going. Thanks Splitshot for doing some of the legwork for me. Who wants to go fishing Sunday!

2. gunrod

gunrod Mods

And help you with the first back lash.:p Good for you. I don't know much about them yet but hope to get one before fall. Most of the spots on the Huron down here are so full of zebra mussels (and car parts, bikes, etc....) that you can't do much but bobber fish or pull plugs. I'd like to get a pin for use at home. Besides, I can learn on it in with few people around to laugh at me.;)

3. quest32a

quest32a Mods

Yup Pat learning to cast is going to be fun :) I tried casting tonite out behind the house and put one all the way over the house. Of course I was aiming about 90 degrees away from that...LOL

4. MPsteelheader

MPsteelheader Guest

john...

lets do it!

ill be up in the area...

PM me if you wanna go...

5. thousandcasts

thousandcasts

At least it's not a spey rod! What's the saying--"swing a spey, prove you're gay?" Just kidding! Good luck, Quest! :cool:

6. Creek-Chub

Creek-Chub Premium Member

John,

I'm curious about the cedar rod thing. I've never fished with one, but have a bamboo spinning rod I had made for me last year. It seems like the action should be the best thing since sliced bread (long, slow, and easy), but it is so heavy as to be worthless. It's a 6 1/2 foot rod. I have tried to go as heavy on the reel as a 2500 Stradic and the thing still won't balance out. It is basically unfishable. That said, it's the top and middle section of an old fly rod that was re-done and wrapped for me by an old guy out of New York. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I'm curious as to the action and weight on a cedar rod. I think I've heard you mention that you have a spinning rod made out of the stuff too? It just seems that if you could keep the weight down that the "whippiness" of something like this would make for the ultimate ultralight rod - which is what I had in mind with the bamboo. Thanks...

Nick

7. Treven

Treven Banned

Hey Nick,

The Cedar rod he is talking about is a brand. Al Rohen (AER) Cedar rods out of Bath, MI, they are graphite and regarded as one of the better float rods for the MI area. It is actually a spey conversion which most do not know, but has a sweet parabolic curve for a heavier rod. I'm thinking about having one made in the future.

Trev

8. gunrod

gunrod Mods

I hope there was a stream on the other side of the house. Good luck and let me know if you need to borrow my fencing helmet.