winchester model 94 32 special made in 1911

Discussion in 'Firearm Identification/Value' started by GSPsteel, Feb 9, 2015.

1. GSPsteel

GSPsteel

picked up this model 94 I couldn't resist, I am trying to do some research and get a better Idea of its value. So far I have identified it is a 26 inch round barrel full mag with a winchester smokeless sight that is loose.
    No scratches good rifling and one little pit mark on the magazine. Any thoughts or guidance on additional info? Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. graybeard

graybeard

My dad gave me his winchester model 94 -32 last summer,That was the gun I started deer hunting with and shot my first buck with when I turned 14,I am 63 now.
    I checked the serial numbers and it was made in 1950 and in great shape.

3. Atchison

Atchison

Nice rifle, I have a 1907 Model 1894 in .32-40, my great grandfather purchased new!

Your value is hard to say, but figure if its worth $1600, selling it won't come close to that price, but its a great rifle!! I love that model.

4. Fabner1

Fabner1

5. 9mm Hi-Power

9mm Hi-Power Premium Member

How about a serial # for starters.

Hoppe's no. 10

6. GSPsteel

GSPsteel

7. Chappy410

Chappy410

8. 9mm Hi-Power

9mm Hi-Power Premium Member

I punched in 564000* on a Winchester serial # link and came back with a 1911 date of manufacture. Personally I can't tell you much more than that. Neat old rifle, oddball rear site - may add or detract from value...????. Perhaps you should find a website dedicated to Winchester lever action rifles and post your photos...along with close-ups of serial #, rear sight and any other markings. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Hoppe's no. 10

* There is no danger in posting the entire serial # seen it done many times on the S & W forum for very very collectible/valuable Smiths.

9. GIDEON

GIDEON

Cant tell you more about your gun than you already know. But your rear sight does fascinate me. R.L.Wilsons book ..Winchester an American legend is kind of a definitive book on WINCHESTERS, HE ACTUALLY HAS 4 pages of sights offered, and sights adapted to Winchester model 94's. Going by the pictures, nothing that they offered is even close to yours. The closest thing that is pictured is on a Military 94, but the Barrel ring, bar (forearm cap) is spaced differently. ........Does your sight have any markings on it?

Could you tell me exactly what it says on the barrel, and if there are any other markings on the barrel? Specifically what the trade mark looks like.

If you really want to know then the Cody Firearms Museum, Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody can possibly be of some help, (They hold the Winchester Arms Museum), they do charge a fee though

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  10. Petronius

Petronius Staff Member Premium Member Mods

Back in those daays, Winchester would customize your rifle for a fee. It seems these rifles are going for a lot of money, possibly $1000 and up.

The Cody Firearms Museum Records Office
    http://centerofthewest.org/explore/firearms/firearms-records/

Serial Number Info
    http://centerofthewest.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/2014_Winchester_SN-list.pdf

Fee Schedule
    http://centerofthewest.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/2014_Records-Services_fee-schedule.pdf

11. 2508speed

2508speed Banned

Can I tell a story about a model 1873 I bought in the parking lot? I still have it. 38.40 with a half box of shells. I won't.

12. Petronius

Petronius Staff Member Premium Member Mods

I would like to hear the story, but I'm going to bed now.

13. 2508speed

2508speed Banned

Can't tell it because it might be against the right thing to do. It fringes on something illegal. I may have bought it without a sales slip! A long time ago. I like doing things legal. Maybe John Warren could opion!

14. hillbillie

hillbillie

I was @ an estate / farm auction last summer. They sold a .30 wcf rifle full barrel and magazine ,standard sight ,good condition except for a small crack in the stock. I believe it sold for over 1200 They sold other guns and they all seemed sell way over value. Sold a pre 64 30/30 for around 800.A lot folks shaken their heads. There was a large crowd or maybe a family feud.

Edit: I have my Dad's 94 32 spl win carbine,bought new in 1941. I wouldn't sell @ it any price. Also have a box of super X silver tips not for sale either.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  15. john decker

john decker

that is a sweet rifle,was admiring pics at top then saw thread.its worth what someone will pay.if I owned it it would take probably 2 grand before I would sell.my dad owns a 94 32win spcl. made in early 50's,its a carbine.