Will Resolution 2 (APR's in a CWD Zone) Pass?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting Regulations, Proposals, and Law Debat' started by motdean, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Yes

62.2%
  2. No

37.8%
  1. Waif

Waif

Nope. You wander instead.
    So did I for forty plus years.
    I don't see where it sucks , as much as is subject to fluctuating regulations and the state changing it's mind frequently. Get that elsewhere too.

Standing invites in the U.P. , lower, and out of state if my own piece of Michigan was not suitable enough.
    It is though. And can wait when I'm elsewhere.

I'll be out there enjoying the privacy. And my odds.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Trout King and mbrewer like this.
  2. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

My guess is the diversity in private landowners makes up for something like that to an extent.

mbrewer likes this.

3. flinchjerk

flinchjerk

Don't get me wrong. I actually find how devoted and loyal some of the followers are to be kind of captivating. Well right up til the point the comet arrives and the kool-aid gets drank anyway.

4. G20man

G20man Banned

That's right.
    I wander right into the type of hunting I want to have.

I don't need regulations or anything other than a vehicle and the desire to do so.

Groundsize, RF Pro and motdean like this.
  5. sniper

sniper

Sureshot your talking to a wall!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

sureshot006 likes this.
  6. rwenglish1

rwenglish1

WOW a three day poll and then it is shut down!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Groundsize likes this.
  7. flinchjerk

flinchjerk

Kind of pointless to keep a poll open after the vote happened dontcha think?

8. G20man

G20man Banned

Lol.

You think that may sway some votes?

9. flinchjerk

flinchjerk

:dizzy:Perhaps :bonk:

10. Groundsize

Groundsize

I wasn’t even able to vote!

The comedy show?
    Last year the dnr says APRs are bad for CWD. This year the DNR says APRs are good for CWD and implement them in the disease zone!

What a **** show the DNR has caused. Showing directly they don’t know what to do or what route to take. Total embarrassment.

11. Dish7

Dish7

Not defending them at all, but I didn't see that anywhere (bold). Did I miss it?

motdean and mbrewer like this.
  12. motdean

motdean

What do you mean that they have said that they are good for CWD?

Did you miss the part where they eliminated them in the U.P. after finding only 1 case?

I will have to agree with you on some level that there are too many voices in the DNR right now to pick a direction on anything...baiting, APR's, food plots, etc...

My real dissatisfaction is that the biologists have not weighed in on the APR's in a CWD zone with respect to the potential downsides. Whether it was because they chose not to, or whether they were directed not to is anybody's guess.

(I have my suspicions, though, as I received a very direct reply about APR's in the CWD zone when they were looking at them in the TB zone. The direct feedback was that we would "lose any hope of containment.")

If that is really the case, shame on anyone that was/is promoting them, inside the DNR or out....and if they were not allowed to speak about this potential, shame on whomever censored them.

mbrewer and flinchjerk like this.
  13. Groundsize

Groundsize

Eliminated what in the UP? They can still bait! Not that I care since it’s all stupid. If your talking APRs in the UP listen, the UP is not zone 3 or even zone 2. Hunters are majority in zone 3 and two.

And if your talking about containment it’s all a scam as well. You have seen the image in this post correct? Contained pretty good don’t ya think!

My take is the dnr or anyone else can’t get a grasp or handle on what cwd is and how it spreads so now they are lost and trying to figure out how to lower deer numbers since hunters do not shoot doe like we used to and the dnr would like us to. The scare tactics the dnr used pst year about cwd cause a reduced number of hunters in the containment zone as well so they need to change that.

Attached Files:

Trout King likes this.
  14. Groundsize

Groundsize

They don’t have to say it! It shows it.. it shows the dnr is lost as to what cwd even does or will be! Why? Because the dnr allows APRs in the cwd hot zone.

15. motdean

motdean

Yes, I was referring to your comment that the DNR says APRs are good for CWD.

I get what you are saying, but those not familiar with your thoughts might actually think that this is the case. Clearly it is a study that will not show any results other than the make up of the herd.

Which was not the original intent....as we all know.

Trout King likes this.