Wiggins or Pratt 2021

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by eagle eyes, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

The Cedar river runs into Wiggins lake and it does have browns in it. So there is a small chance of catching a brown.

lostontheice and Gstring like this.
  2. june bugger

june bugger

3. lostontheice

lostontheice

Look up brown trout stocking gladwin county.. from 2002-2020.. you may get be shocked to see,the ceder river is stocked every year.. not a large amount,but stocked and at sage rd... Now if you know wiggins,then you know there are natural springs in that lake.. these springs are COLD water.. now,if one were to fish the shallows near the ceder inlet during the winter.. they just might find out wigglers/small minnows are a good bait if still fished 1/2 way up.. js

eagle eyes and Carpenter Bill like this.
  4. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

If you look the river where it goes into the pond the river bottom is full of wigglers.

Usmike likes this.
  5. Wannabe Angler

Wannabe Angler

Nice, will do....Fam been on the lake since the 1950's...little slice of heaven for me. Hopefully this year I'll update my fishing rig....but if you see a dude on the front of the pontoon on a weekend morning with a slip bobber on an ultra light and whipping a crank on another that's me! hah

6. Matt3ddsteel

Matt3ddsteel

Interesting. I knew the cedar was planted as I have fished it plenty of times for browns. I guess I just never thought about it come winter time of them possibly going into the lake.

7. Debs jigger

Debs jigger Premium Member

By chance does anybody know if we can get side-by-side‘s on WIGGINS?

8. june bugger

june bugger

everything is very sloppy on top due to the warmer weather. Thickness is probably fine

Usmike likes this.