Wicked Ridge Crossbow Limbs

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by sparky1_48040, Oct 22, 2020.

1. sparky1_48040

sparky1_48040

My son has a Wicked Ridge model Invader HP and just noticed the upper left limb camo is coming off like it is delaminating. If you rub your finger across it it feels sharp like the fiberglass is delaminating. Talked with Wicked Ridge and they referred me to a service center, they informed me that it will be $250.00 to replace the limbs and cables, model is out of warranty. From what I am reading on the WEB this is a common item. My question would you sink the money into this bow or just replace it?

2. fishgod

fishgod

Tough choice. I have the exact model HP and my limbs on one side delaminated at 4 years. Ten Point warrantied mine. If these new limbs, which are now 2 years old start to flake, I might invest my money on something newer and maybe faster versus dropping $250 on a new head.
    I still love my Invader HP and it puts meat in the freezer every year, but when do you say enough and start over? Lots of new choices out there to choose from. Good luck with your decision. That's a tuffy!

3. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

You can buy that bow in a kit brand new right now from BPS for $399.99. Hope that helps you make the decision.

4. sparky1_48040

sparky1_48040

I wonder what the difference between the HP and the X4 is?

5. sparky1_48040

sparky1_48040

is a reverse draw cross bow better than a traditional crossbow?

6. PWood

PWood

I purchased a Wicked Ridge Invader G3 in 2015. Paid $499. Three years later the limbs began to splinter. I had shot the bow less than 100 times. The manufacturer replaced the limbs, cable and strings, no charge.
    I pulled the bow out this year and found the limbs splintered again. This time the bow was shot less than 50 times. I'm waiting to hear back from Ten Point.
    They better not try and charge me for the repair.
    In the meantime, I pulled out my 18-year-old Ten Point Titan SE and had it dialed in at 15, 20, 25 and 30 yards in less than 1/2 hour. The only reason I shelved the Titan was I was involved in an accident in 2014 and was having difficulty cocking the manual bow so I bought one with a rope cocking system.

7. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

I had an Invader have the same issue. I went out and bought an Excalibur and didn't look back... Before I would throw good money after bad I would go buy a Matrix model Excalibur.. YMMV

alaska86 likes this.