Why so many screw ups everyday?

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Petronius, Oct 19, 2020.

1. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

I think the biggest thing is, people ordering something and wanting it a special way. Then they get butthurt when it isn't perfectly custom to their order. These people are working fast food, generally, and are either in a terrible place in life or working their way through school or something on a path to better themselves. As they should be.

Why people think that they should give a ratsasss about how they want their burger is beyond me. If I order a burger, sometimes I say no pickles. You know how many times I get no pickles? About 50% of the time that I ask. You know how many times I bitch about it? 0% of the time, because my time is more valuable and I just don't give a schitt if some snot nosed punk, or a middle aged person on the verge of eating the business end of a shotgun, or someone who is probably stressed out about a test at school F's up my burger. They make 1000 a day the EXACT same way, but when someone orders it different and they are just going through to motions mistakes happen.

My solution, order wtf I ACTUALLY will eat and stop thinking I am so special. Here is a secret, you are insignificant and no one gives a schitt if onions mess up your stomach. If you can't eat onions, don't order something that comes with them!

If you happen to want special treatment, be hopeful, be nice, crack a joke and try to pull them out of the fog that they are generally in and that usually does the trick. Being a decent human is 90% of most peoples battle. If they mess it up, remember YOU stepped out of the norm, not them. If you ask for a correction, do it nicely and tell them thank you. They deal with whiney asssholes EVERY DAY. Don't add to it.

2. TK81

TK81 Premium Member

Aren't you the guy that used to punch people?:evilsmile

Lucky you never ran into me when I hung around with Yukon Jack.:evil:

3. Polkahero

Polkahero

Sorry but I was busy WORKING and didn't get a chance to respond before pescadero did. Now excuse me but I have work to do, lol. I'm a Generation Xer, BTW. A victim of the Great Recession, laid off when I was just getting going in my career. You guys have more opportunities now.

4. Polkahero

Polkahero

I'm a RATM fan but what the hell is this supposed to mean? Lol

5. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

In my younger days, can you have those at 31?

Now I just rather laugh about it and have a beer while joking about how much we suck. Lol

I have also come to the realization that me being pissed at someone else's stupidity has a lot more to do with me than them. At this point in my life, the people I care about deserve better than me getting charged with assault and taking food out of their mouths or memories away that I maybe could have afforded to make with buddies. I can still be pushed, but I figure if you get me that far, we both deserve whatever is coming.

6. Ieatshrooms

Ieatshrooms

Now....if these older, and much more distinguished boomers and Gen X'ers that have been crying this entire thread could just come to the same conclusion......:lol:

7. TK81

TK81 Premium Member

I would have just offered you a shot.

I still get a bit of road rage on the way to work some days...but then I realize that if I ever did confront someone...I would have a good chance of getting rolled. Getting old is better than not getting old, but a man has to know his limitations.

Checkers on Alpine closed. They had some pretty good fries.

jiggin is livin likes this.
  8. Ieatshrooms

Ieatshrooms

I'm a millennial who graduated from college in 2008. Year one after graduation, I was laid off, so was my wife, had to sell our house which plummeted in value, had a kid, and got to start student loan payments with a job I didn't have anymore. After the COVID recession I saw a graph showing that millennials had the worst financial luck since the beginning of our nation. Thanks to nothing we did, as we had hardly entered the work force. Not sure how it can get much worse than that to start your career....I think you are ragging on the wrong generation. Thank God we have been able to bounce back, but many of my friends and acquaintances in the same age group have not.

9. PunyTrout

PunyTrout Staff Member Mods

M-S 20201020 24 count for petro.jpg

Don't be a punk. Shop at the Meijer on 8 mile instead. :p

They had plenty of 24 packs today.

Former grunt likes this.
  10. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

My wife comes home from Meijer one night with a bottle of Cointreau. The clerk left that safety cap on the bottle, that I assume is to keep people from getting drunk in the store. Almost works at home too!

Having no idea how the mechanism worked I started in on it with a couple of small screwdrivers. Not long after that the hammer comes out, I persevered and won the battle! Didn't break the glass or spill any.

11. brushbuster

brushbuster Premium Member

You got the chicken, you got hen, and you got the rooster, the chicken goes with the rooster, whose having sex with the hen?

Oldgrandman likes this.
  12. Oldgrandman

Hey now! Are you in politics? ;)

BILC likes this.
  13. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

So, you're the guy who hung out with the Black Sheep of Canadian Liqueur....

In a 10oz Rocks Glass
    2oz - Yukon Jack
    1oz - Smirnoff Silver
    Add Orange Juice over ice.

A few of those and you'd take back stuff you hadn't even stole! :lol:

jiggin is livin and TK81 like this.
  14. tincanary

tincanary

15. Oldgrandman

Couple weeks ago a friend calls a bait shop and asked if they had walleye minnows. Oh yeah the kid said, so he shot up there.....NOPE! Oh I thought we did the kid says? My buddy says you mean you didn't know if you did and yet said you did?! Sorry.....he replies, we usually do. wtf?!

I mean this goes on an awful lot and it isn't just restaurants and grocery stores.