Who makes their own inline spinners?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by piketroller, Oct 12, 2019.

1. piketroller

piketroller

First 30” on one of these lures, and a fat one too. Had its twin barely nip the hair on the back at the boat. I guess the buck tail was about 1/2” too long today.

B3D0D902-A251-4553-8B0E-8C5EB54B8C1D.jpeg F72393CA-E3B8-43D6-8047-10CBA7F2ED46.jpeg

2. 22 Chuck

22 Chuck

Didnt read many posts but I bet you can find all that yoju want/need from Jann Netcraft. Get one of their catalogues and you will have hours of lusting and will probably make a purchase also.

MichiFishy and Crestliner 16 like this.

3. MichiFishy

MichiFishy

I did just that, ordered a few kits and random things from them Monday. Received on Wednesday and I've been a lure making fool for the past day. Being totally new to this, I'm sure that I did some things unconventionally and/or flat out wrong! But it's a bunch of fun, and they all worked when I tested them in the pool this morning.

Buddy and I are headed out tonight and I'll be testing some of these out on the trout stream.
    It's a guarantee I get some crap for getting a little excited with the paint haha.

If you guys see any obvious and glaring mistakes I've made, please point them out.

PSX_20200703_112935.jpg

Smallie12 and tincanary like this.
  4. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Those look pretty cool, Nice work. U will figure out on your own (pretty quickly lol) what works and what doesn't. Dont let anyone tell u that u did something wrong. Those "mistakes " often turn out to be what catches fish, trust me. Have fun and enjoy catching fish on something YOU made. Nice work

MichiFishy likes this.
  5. MichiFishy

MichiFishy

Thanks Mr. B, I tried several over the weekend in the river. The only one to catch a fish a fish so far was the pink blade with white body.

I'm guessing for trout I will need to make a few that look more close to what they usually eat. I never have much luck with the crazy colors on those picky eaters.

6. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Small spinners have always worked best for me when I'm trout fishing. Not sure if that's a norm or just a fluke.. gl and have fun

MichiFishy likes this.
  7. Smallie12

Smallie12

Same here, smallest spinner you could throw on the lightest line is what we used to catch trout on the Rogue River upstream of where it dumps into the Grand River near Grand Rapids. Panther Martins and Mepps were the go to brands and as small as you could get them on 4-6lb line with ultra light rods and reels. Tough fishing though having to cast up under river banks, downed trees and log jams but rewarding if you made that perfect cast and connected.

6thMichCav likes this.
  8. tincanary

tincanary

Same here. Spinners catch me the most trout, followed by jigs, micro spoons, and finally small crankbaits. I want to make my own trout spinners, looks to be much cheaper than buying off-the-shelf spinners.

9. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

And custom colors are WAY more productive..

tincanary likes this.
  10. PunyTrout

PunyTrout Staff Member Mods

I have a bunch of small spinner blades and components that I could spare to help you get started. PM me if you're interested and I'll hook you up.

Smallie12 likes this.
  11. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

That was nice of ya

12. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

So here's some that I made last year. Had to pull them out and clean them (sticky for some reason) for this weeks kang bang. Will be trying a few new patterns tomorrow. Just thought I would share some of my patterns

Attached Files:

MichiFishy, tincanary and sureshot006 like this.
  13. hhlhoward

hhlhoward Premium Member

I made some squid spinners to try this season. IMG_20200820_101518895.jpg

MichiFishy likes this.
  14. piketroller

piketroller

That’s a great idea. I may make a couple too.

hhlhoward likes this.
  15. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

I made a crap ton of those last year too. Both large and small. But the smaller ones seem to produce more fish. I've got a few new things I'm gonna try tomorrow, will post a few pics if I have time. Nice work btw, those look pretty snazzy