Who has a good inventory of used revolvers?

Discussion in 'Firearm Identification/Value' started by sgc, Jan 2, 2016.

1. sgc

sgc

I went to a gun show looking to see some used revolvers (especially S&W's) and there weren't any. The tables all had auto's and then some new air light concealable revolvers but that was about it other than antique revolvers. I was looking for some used S&W J or K frame revolvers. Is there any shops around that carry a decent supply of used revolvers? I would think with the trend to auto's there would be a large supply somewhere.

2. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I think good used revolvers are harder to find and retain value better than semi autos because they just plain make a lot fewer of them.

3. Hart

Hart

I picked up a stainless S&W 686-3 with a 6" barrel and an Aimpoint 3000 red dot on it for........get this........$250 back in the early 1990s from a gal I worked with. She was selling a companion model with a shorter barrel for the same price, and I wish like hell I would have grabbed that one, too, but I only took the scoped 6-incher.

Till death do we part. :lol:

4. The Whale

The Whale

You don't see many used S&W (or other major players) revolvers out there for very long cause they are in demand. Once someone has one (or more !) they tend to keep them.