Which county would you buy fishing property in?

Discussion in 'North West Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by thelastlemming, Dec 30, 2014.

1. FishKilla419

FishKilla419

This.

2. brookies101

brookies101

I have to agree with this. I have a couple relatives in this "boundary" and it is awesome territory.

3. toto

toto

Have to agree with Whit, as hard as that is to do:D Great fishing all over that area for just about anything.

4. Steelheadfred

Steelheadfred

It all depends on budget, Kalkaska county much cheaper than Benzie or Manistee, the closer you get to TC, Manistee, Ludington, Petoskey the pricier the land

5. Whit is right...and pretty specific!

6. thelastlemming

thelastlemming

Thanks again for all of the replies. I've narrowed my search down to to specific areas one being the area suggested by Whit.

7. Whit1

Whit1 Premium Member

You and I can tell too many stories about each other. :lol::yikes:

8. Robert Holmes

Robert Holmes

The farthest I have to drive to fish for anything is 40 miles. I do most of my steelhead and salmon fishing within a few miles of St Ignace. The deer hunting is not what it used to be but there is thousands of acres of federal land to hunt on. Why buy a big parcel of your own land when the federal land is abundant. There is lots of great fishing in the Northern Lower if you want to hit the lakes there.

9. The Ghettoblaster

The Ghettoblaster

I agree with Plugger. It's a great area for fishing and other outdoors activities.

We had our camper in a seasonal campground in Manistee for a few years and this past spring we bought a cabin on 20 acres in Wellston. We hadn't spent much time in Wellston before buying the place. My wife and kids spent the entire summer up there exploring the area and fell in love. 20 minutes to Cadillac, 15 minutes to the beautiful beaches in Manistee, numerous Big Manistee boat launches within a few miles of the cabin, Tippy Dam just down the road, The Little Manistee just a couple of miles away and Pine Creek runs through the US land just across the road off the back of the property. Plus there are a couple of smaller lakes in the area. There are tons of other things to do in the area with all of the hiking, skiing and snowmobile trails. Once we discovered the Dublin Store, we never went into "the big town" unless it was to go to the beach. If they don't have it, you don't need it.
    We've been very happy with our location so far.

10. omalson

omalson

Only thing I would do before I purchase property is check the local zoning laws. We looked at some property last year near manistee and were ready to make an offer but decided to call and talk to the zoning guy for the area first. Come to find out the property was listed as building site. But after some checking there is no way to build on it. So we almost made a costly mistake. After learning all this we decided to keep looking. The realitor didn't even know it wasnt build able

Sent from my XT1080 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

11. Steelheadfred

Steelheadfred

Want to make sure it perks too