Where's the pigs?

Discussion in 'Feral Pig Control and Hunting' started by hockeydave, Jan 6, 2018.

1. hockeydave

hockeydave

I've been following our so called feral hog problem since 2005. Another deer season has come and gone and yet no hogs hanging from buck poles. Anyone even see any?

2. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

I know of 1 feral hog that was killed during the deer season of 2016. It was killed in Hillsdale county. I am not sure by what town.

3. 357Maximum

357Maximum

Urban legend fostered by the MiDNR and the Feds to cover up the growing northern timber chupacabra problem methinks.

4. Uncle Boopoo

Uncle Boopoo

We got one on camera in West Branch in November. It’s a heavy Ag area so I’m sure it escaped from somewhere nearby.

5. Perferator

Perferator

When pigs go feral they love thick swamp/wooded areas, you know that stuff where most wont bother hunting or even walking into. That is their natural inclination if given the choice. Not to mention they are nocturnal if pestered.

hockeydave likes this.
  6. TriggerDiscipline

TriggerDiscipline

7. 357Maximum

357Maximum

8. poz

poz

Funny how the pig problem went away as soon as the judge ruled in favor of the game ranches with pigs.

9. Fishndude

Fishndude

They should be easy to track and spot in winter, since they apparently can wade through deep snow with little to no effort. They's everywhere!

vsmorgantown likes this.
  10. IT.Fisherman

IT.Fisherman

My brother has had numerous ones on state land in mid michigan.

11. bigmac

bigmac

Elaborate on 'has had' please. Has had killed them, has had seen them, what does that mean? There are a number of people who want to kill these ghostly things...and your brother "has Had Numerous Ones". Help these guys out with a little info or tell the DNR where they can find "NUMEROUS" ones please

12. loomis10

loomis10

We shot a couple and the neighbor shot one. We also missed about 4 or 5.

Opening day 2012 Hillsdale County. Momma (300lbs) came in with about 12 babies(40-50lbs). I missed momma and got 2 of the little ones. Boy did they taste good. We all the destruction they did on the property you wouldve thought we wouldve seen them all the time. Nobody has seen them since 2012

What happened to them???Where are the pigs???IDK

hockeydave likes this.
  13. U D

U D

14. IT.Fisherman

IT.Fisherman

I kept it vague as these are the areas my brother deer hunts on state land.. By numerous, he has multiple pictures of multiple hogs in frame a few times. No need to tell the DNR as he even has pictures of hogs that were radio collared by the DNR for "study" purposes. He has never seen or heard one during the day time, however on a rare occasion has had trail cam pictures during the day.

As he confirmed that he no longer hunts these area, look into the kawkawlin creek flooding.