WHERE did you see the biggest buck you've EVER seen in your life?

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by swampstand, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Uncle Boopoo

Uncle Boopoo

Riverview, MI 2012. He was feeding in the median on Fort St around 1am. Wide, tall, and had at least 12 points. Looked similar to the Rompola buck.

2. kstout

kstout

The biggest for antler size was on Obrien Rd, West of Grand Rapids. A friend and I had shot around the broadhead course at the old Chippewa Archery club location. We left the club and started South on Obrien Rd. We saw several deer in a small alfalfa field on the East side of the road and stopped to look at them. It was close to dark, and we thought there were sumac bushes behind the deer, until one turned its head and the bushes turned with him. We then realized they were antlers, just out of velvet. The biggest for body size was a 10 point my brother shot in Ontario a few years ago. That buck weighed 245 lbs, dressed on the scale. He sent teeth to Deer age.com to get an age, and they said the rings were very clear on the tooth, and he was 9 1/2 years old.

3. JBMetalworks

JBMetalworks

9 mile and Lasher in Southfield by my buddies house. 3 giant bucks roamed his neighborhood the whole time he lived there, biggest I believe was a thick 12 pt.

4. U.P.Grouse Chaser

U.P.Grouse Chaser

On my buddy's potato farm He took us out shining his fields one night it was during an early October snowstorm It was a huge 12 point buck it allowed us to within 30 yards with the pick up . The sad part of it the field he was frequenting butted up against a blacktop road and it ended getting poached. My buddy found it's headless body a few days later laying in the field close to the road

5. micooner

micooner

Geddes rd between Denton and canton center around 1990 before the developments ruined the area.

6. Yamirider

Yamirider

In Stoney Creek metro park 2 years ago.

7. Masterblaster1

Masterblaster1

Huron county, during muzzleloading season. Jumped out of a hedgerow 250 yards away. Was at least a 12 point.

8. buggs

buggs

Another brute was killed just west of there on Van Dyke, just south of M59 near the Clinton River. The old amusement park is now a canoe/Kayak portage that (I believe) is managed by the city of Utica. I've been told (on here) that that buck is on display somewhere in a municipal building in Sterling Hts. That buck was a beast!

9. tnt1960

tnt1960

The biggest buck I ever seen lived right in downtown Sterling Heights, right on Utica Road and Schoenherr in a small pocket of woods. He had a huge drop tine on his right side. I saw him numerous times while driving by right before daylight. He didn't hang around long. As soon as my truck headlights hit him, he took off immediately. He was huge.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

jr28schalm likes this.
  10. Bearblade

Bearblade

2012 in northern Wi. Not close enough for a shot. Antlers like on a magazine and when he turned and walked away he had the body of a mule. Completely huge big woods buck. And another magazine cover buck - Oct 9, 2009, State Land. Missed at 20'!!! Still getting over that. I've seen some beauties in 45 years of woods running.

vsmorgantown and Stubee like this.
  11. swampbuck

swampbuck

Stubee likes this.
  12. Botiz

Botiz

I grew up in southern Ohio. One morning probably about 4am my brother, a good buddy and I were driving around some public land on our way to do a little duck hunting.

As we turned onto an access road the headlights hit a buck that was the type of deer that until that moment none of the three of us knew existed in real life. He was standing just off the road and we got a good look at him. Too huge to believe any description I’d give you.

It’s been at least 10 years since that happened, and when any of us get around each other we inevitably ask “Do you remember that buck...”

13. textox

textox

Subdivision in Rochester Hills Mi. Have seen bigger on O.U. campus IMAG1055.jpg

14. sniper

sniper

This guy!...Hillsdale county...The memory is ingrained in my brain permanently. We had gotten 3 or 4 pics of him early in the season of 2016. We named him “Show Stopper”. Early November I finally layed eyes on him on a real early cloudy morning walking slowly through a neighbor’s bean field about 80 yds away. With the naked eye I could tell it was the biggest whitetail I had ever seen. Spread of the 9 pt was easily in the low to mid 20’s inches and there was no doubt he touched 300lbs on the hoof. Never seen or got another pic of him after that morning nor did we hear of anyone ever tagging him. Totally mystery to this day. What an animal. Instagram.jpg Screenshot_2019-03-11-09-37-03.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

15. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

Tipler Wisconsin, Just a big old brute.