Where are the ducks

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Natureman, Nov 24, 2020.

1. lefty421

lefty421

Bluebills are still here. Got my 2 this morning. 20201126_101341.jpg
    This season has been our best season too.

No complaints here. We've shot a ton of ducks this year.

2. ice ghost

ice ghost

It has been a pretty good year so far for me and I’ve hunted at least three- four days a week since opener. End of October was good but even then I never saw any massive movement. We haven’t had any serious weather yet in my opinion. I’m still shooting woodies or at least seeing them. Why aren’t they gone? Usually none around right now. If we could get a couple days of teens and snow I think it would be a whole different story.

Fishfighter likes this.

3. Chessieman

Chessieman

Thousands upon thousands of Woodies in mid St Clair county's farm fields. Probably due to the huge Acorn crop certain Oaks had this year in the area. Until the freeze starts there is no reason for them to move.

4. Rob Howie

Rob Howie

Been out three times after the (NS) Old Squaw on lake MI and have definitely noticed a huge decline in the number of birds around. Weather? Different pattern? Still good number of birds but nothing like years past.

5. D&D

D&D

hunted lake st clair this morning around goose and fishers bay. worse year i have seen, looks like a group of buffys blew in last night but they were in the middle of the bay and nothing at all in the pockets or sides..... was able to hunt with no one around for at least a mile lol no pressure. and no birds 11-29.jpg

jumbojake and Divers Down like this.
  6. Kingcrapp

Kingcrapp

They are taking a Covid break and staying home. Its warm. Many birds have not come down. I bet the late season hunt is good. I saw a few new birds on LSC yesterday..but not many.
    Good luck and be safe.

7. BumpRacerX

BumpRacerX

Not in the middle zone around me. I know my local birds faced huge pressure opening weekend/week and there were a lot taken out. But then there are also some areas here that people feed them on their lawns...And those birds have disappeared the last few days also.

8. wavie

wavie

I sinned last night and sat in a deer stand. For over an hour between 330-430pm, it was non stop migrating mallards heading south. Flocks ranging from 10 to over 50, up high and no thoughts of returning. Crazy how they can all follow the same path in the sky.

Shiawassee_Kid likes this.
  9. ajkulish

ajkulish

Just back to work today after taking the last week off. Lots of ducks around. Got my possession limit of mallards as well as some buffies and a canvasback. Certainly left ducks on the table as well. Killing me to be at my desk when I know the birds are HERE

10. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

did ducks arrive? Going out tomorrow afternoon to Erie to find out.

11. ice ghost

ice ghost

Saturday we saw a ton of new birds. Frosty decoys screwed us til I cleaned em up. Shot 11 ducks between 3 of us. Sunday was dead shot 4 greenheads. We shot two man limit in a little over an hr today. Bad time to be working. Glad I’m off. I knew it hadn’t happened yet. I’ve never seen as many blacks in one day as I did today.

Pat P, Fishfighter and fsamie1 like this.
  12. Fishfighter

Fishfighter

I scouted today saw some new dumb birds. Hunting saginaw bay tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  13. Outdoor Gal

Outdoor Gal

I've been scouting since 9am after I dropped the kids at school. Hiked 4 miles, checked out some new spots and drove around all the local lakes. Nothing. Only birds I saw are the handful of divers that I already know about on the lake 1/4 mile from my house. The geese that were there over the weekend seem to be gone. Unless things make a serious 180 in the next couple days this will definitely be my worst waterfowl season since I started 14 years ago.

14. Wolverine423

Wolverine423

Walleyes & Steelhead on deck! Get da net Stanley

15. crawdad_79

crawdad_79

E4197424-08F7-439F-B6C2-A0F24211CDEF.jpeg flying this afternoon on the queens side in the snow and wind!