Where are all the pictures

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by RCA DOGS, Oct 15, 2020.

1. ab5228

ab5228

Beautiful dog.

2. Trunkslammer

Trunkslammer

The wife couldn’t wait to get some pictures of him after his first “hunt” if thats what you wanna call it.

First thing this morning the wife and kids were singing happy birthday and giving him homemade doggy cupcakes including helping him blow his candles out. For dam sure that kinda hype won’t happen on my birthday. Guess I take a backseat to my own darn dog now. Lol. I think they are inviting the neighbor dogs over tonight to celebrate more. SMH.

3. shaffe48b

shaffe48b

Well if you ever come back to a locked door at least the dog will have the new key.

4. ab5228

ab5228

Sounds about right!

FNC and Trunkslammer like this.
  5. michiganmaniac

michiganmaniac

It was a fun weekend with the self proclaimed "geezers"! My dad (60) flew up from florida and my uncle gary (73) drove up from missouri for a long weekend of hunting. We only put on 4-5 miles everyday as the uneven ground from logging makes for some tough walking for them. Still had a ton of fun and saw 20-30 birds both days. My dad did lots of missing, my uncle is a sharpshooter!
    Our group selfie with some birds from day 2. 40608.jpeg 40612.jpeg This was a moment of yooper ingenuity. I had bought sirloin steaks and had promised a first class lunch (a good backup incase the hunting sucks!). No lighter? No problem!

It was cold with inconsistent weather. The birds were fairly spooky and in sucky places to hunt them, but we had a great time nonetheless!

6. Trunkslammer

Trunkslammer

B12D825F-54A0-4B03-95F7-559A77E8EA95.jpeg 35209AFB-382B-4F87-896C-5029CD3ACD00.jpeg E7EA9B4B-BAD7-47CB-B0D2-BA90C166CC16.jpeg A8944956-41C8-4FA7-9434-75180624E7AE.jpeg A few more pics from the last couple hunts. Bought the wife her own shotgun for our 9nth anniversary and got her out on her first pheasant hunt Saturday. Can anyone identify these eggs, the wife spotted them out in the field. She noted they were larger than chicken eggs. Closer in size to our duck eggs.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  7. birdhntr

birdhntr

Pheasant eggs

8. Worm Dunker

Worm Dunker

Nice red haven't got one of them in years

michiganmaniac likes this.
  9. Trunkslammer

Trunkslammer

Huh, I would have guessed pheasant eggs to be a bit smaller than chicken eggs. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  10. birdhntr

birdhntr

They also vary in color from bird to bird.I have seen many different colors in my life.off white,white,various biege,brownish,white, yellowish,and even with a greenish tint.

Trunkslammer likes this.
  11. FNC

FNC

Pheasant eggs in late October? I'm surprised - never seen that before.

12. birdhntr

birdhntr

I see egg shells on occasion this time of year.Every year I went to North Dakota I would find a nest with shells.Ofcourse it was a huge density of pheasants in that area.
    This late summer I have found a few nests with shells.Many were turtle,a goose nest,turkey nest,and noticed swallow shells at my friend's place.
    Egg shells don't really decay.
    It has been a long time in Michigan since I've seen a pheasant nest.
    I don't believe anything has a nest this time of year.Pheasant,turkey,or a mallard are the only possibility with the size of the clutch.From what I have seen in my life I say pheasant but I could be wrong possibly.

13. Gamekeeper

Gamekeeper

Pheasant eggs are smaller than a chicken egg.
    Ends get a round hole cut in them at hatching.

14. homemadespud

homemadespud

15. birdhntr

birdhntr