close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

When and How?

Discussion in 'Political Discussions (FreeMichigan.com)' started by DecoySlayer, Aug 12, 2017.

1. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

When should the US commit to military action? IF we commit to action how should we fight it? An all out effort to win, as in WWII? A more limited action such as in Korea?

2. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

No commitment to winning is why we are back dealing with N Korea .Go in 100% or do not go in at all .

3. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

I was speaking in general, not just the Korea thing.

4. bounty hunter

bounty hunter

Nobody wins in a war. North Korea will
    Kill a lot in the south. Best bet is ramp up talk and move a carrier group in and explain how they can become a part of the global economy.

5. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

I guess I am not making this clear. I am asking in general, when should the US commit to military action?

6. msfcarp

msfcarp

It depends on what your goals are, imo. I know one thing, you can't accomplish much if you don't have boots on the ground, and that means all out to me.

Not to just talk about the Korea " thing", but those who think a limited (i.e., air strikes) war will depose Kim, or destroy his nukes, just does not understand warfare.

Ok, just saw your clarification. Obviously besides an attack directly against US forces or citizens, I would include close allies as well.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  7. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

Noko has already threatened us with nukes That is justification .However 100s of thousands will die if we respond accordingly ...most of these will be collateral damage .I guess it depends on if you think some day the collateral damage will be here or over there .Most americans will not be in harms way over there although we will will lose many .Imo lob missiles anywhere close to Guam and you have signed your death certificate .That would show your intension in the future .I am quite confidant that China has advised them against that .

8. MEL

MEL

1)I think diplomacy should be ramped up. We should be in contact thru the Chinese if need be with NK and exhaust all peachfull means.

2) Offer 100million guaranteed US $. To anyone who takes the madman out
    With free passage and safety in the USA.

3) Now as soon as he fires missiles at US territory or SK or Japan then hit them with everything we have in a massive sustained strike. No nukes. No ground troops. Bomb them into submission and only let up when the fat little prick is dead or removed from power.

9. bounty hunter

bounty hunter

The little runt knows he has no chance to win. We as well know if it goes down the market will fall big time. But if we pressure him enough his own may take him out or the Chinese will. Unless he's really going to push it and lob some more Roman candles it's all talk.

10. Mags

Mags

I hope you both are right...........and either he comes to his senses by his own volition or that of someone else, or..............is exterminated like the little cockroach he is.

11. Creek-Chub

Creek-Chub

He's never going to come to his senses, in the way that we might think.

Everyone who studies this dynamic agrees. KJ has one goal: remain in power. They have always talked dumb and acted smart. Any idiot knows we could wipe them off the map, and those fellas aren't idiots. The tests and words are all posturing. The difference now is that we have a president who is ignorant of this dynamic in nearly every way. He simply doesn't know this stuff, and doesn't have the personal makeup to listen to folks who do. He's used to posturing up and going toe to toe with any adversary, right up and until he's able to have his way - or gets shut down. He's not going to get shut down on this one, because we have more and bigger guns.

Unfortunately his chest puffing is legitimizing a 4th rate nobody dictator, and thus painting us into a corner. NK should have been publicly ignored, and we should be privately working with China to get the situation under control.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    hunter62, Mags and WMU05 like this.
  12. Kennybks

Kennybks

You mean like Billy, George and Barrack did, yeah you're right;

13. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

If ignoring NK, or diplomacy, has not worked, since Ike, why would anyone think it will work now?

14. wannabapro

wannabapro

Never reward a child for bad behavior.

15. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

When should the US commit to military action?

1st - In response to an actual hostile action against our country, it's citizens, or it's allies.
    2nd - In response to a threatened hostile action against the same, but only after all peaceful means have been exhausted.

IF we commit to action how should we fight it?

1st & Only - We fight as hard as we have to, to destroy that enemy, so long as we do not break either long established international law, or even more importantly, break our own country's moral code of conduct.

hunter62 likes this.