What would you do if you were the Governor?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by Porch Dog, Apr 11, 2020.

1. johnIV

johnIV

Everyone including me are arm chair quarterbacking this BS move the governor pulled. Bitching about it is easy. The OP asked what we'd do if we were governor. Well, that seems fairly easy after seeing what created the issue to begin with. First of two possible options. Make the order only allow one person( or more if from same household) in a boat while out on the lake. Second option, deploy a CO at launches correcting the multiple Fisherman per boat problem with warnings first then fines next. Staffing can easily handle that if the COs are out on lakes now checking boats. It's not rocket science.

2. gundogguy

gundogguy

When was the last facts or logic ever changed the Liberal mind set of an elected Democrat!

huxIIIhammer likes this.

3. johnIV

johnIV

I haven't recognized the Democratic party since the early years of the Clinton administration. Today they are so left that they can't spell right.

huxIIIhammer likes this.
  4. gundogguy

gundogguy

JohnIV I understand your thinking. There is only one problem there is not enough manpower to police all the boat launches. My County of residence is St. Joseph just south of Kalamazoo. St Joe county does not have a CO. The closest is Cass county to the west I have had two conversations with CO Jeff Robinet, good guy but he sworn to up hold the game laws and this executive order There is not enough people available to enforce the laws on the books now. But the lib turds will use lake residences to call The St Joe county sheriffs office marine division and file a complaint. Do not think for a minute that lake people would not hesitate to call it in. There you have citizens against citizen neighbor against neighbor The same way Lenin and Stalin and Hitler did it.
    The really scary thing how easily this has come about. Imagine if it was late September and they decide to cancel the Grouse Duck and Deer hunting seasons, put stay at home injunctions on us again. I'll bet Madame Governor will fight like crazy to extend this ban. Think again if you think that is far fetched.

WB fish Slayer likes this.
  5. johnIV

johnIV

Well that's why I used the language " after seeing what created the issue to begin with ". The Saginaw Bay and river launches are the ones that had 90% of the launch activity, not inland lakes. There are maybe a dozen launches on Huron, Erie and the rivers that get the most boats. At least this time of year. Wouldn't take much man power to cover them. One CO could handle 2 launches per day easily.

6. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

Well you know they tried allowing boating. But with poor compliance it became too much of a manpower sink.

june bugger and johnIV like this.
  7. johnIV

johnIV

Put the man power at those over crowded launches. That's where the problems are so that's where the problem should be dealt with. A week of tickets and face to face contact with the COs and we all know how people react.

8. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

Just so we are clear. It's not about hunting, fishing, or your apparent political bias. It's about containing the novel coronavirus. This will go on as long as it has to. The next job will be getting our economy back up and running. Recreation will come after that.

9. johnIV

johnIV

In Michigan, recreation IS part of our economy

mooneyedude and ice jigger like this.
  10. june bugger

june bugger

What would you do if you were the Governor?

kick her in the brown eye
    not the one that winks but the one that stinks

johnIV likes this.
  11. waldowillie

waldowillie

Hello? We are Sportsman and the Governor is a Politician! Think like a Politician!

Here is how a Politician thinks:

1. Place motor boating prohibition in place on 4-10-20 to get national exposure for Vice-Presidential run.
    2. Lift motor boating prohibition 2 weeks later on 4-24-20 (1 day before Inland LP Opener) to appear that you are a compasionate politician, and to again get national exposure.

We have all seen this political stinch before, but her her brown eye is really stinking this time.

huxIIIhammer and WB fish Slayer like this.
  12. ice house

ice house

If it were china or south korea the dnr would have had 50 cals on their boats checking addresses and sinking the the ignorant lawbreakers.Be safe the sun will come up tomorrow and we will move on.

13. sea nympho

sea nympho

I am stunned by the amount of bootlickers in here

huxIIIhammer and WB fish Slayer like this.
  14. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

I think you are confusing discipline with submission. It might help to remind yourself that we are an elective government. We pick who leads us and that is the difference. It appears that more than a few members were raised without the benefit of discipline. It shows.

Lightfoot and walleyemagic like this.
  15. sea nympho

sea nympho

I
    Think what you want ... idgaf

"discipline" without reason IS submission. thinking is free, you should try it

huxIIIhammer likes this.