close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what type of cleats do you guys like?

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by michael marrs, Dec 15, 2017.

1. tuckersdad

tuckersdad

Yak tracs...ugh...I'd go through 2 pr a year easy...springs wear out and catch on everything...we walk 4 miles a day rain/snow and have found icetrekkers to hold up very well...I use the diamonds not the chains...these are for everyday walking...for ice fishing I use the surgical tube quick attach units...

2. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

I picked up the sdi ones yesterday, honestly the best I have ever owned. Incredible traction out there yesterday. They are pure gold if they hold up for some time!

3. Jim_MI

Jim_MI

I was happy with the Yaks until 2 yrs ago when a sudden 30 mph squall had me scrambling to get off the ice fast. I was blowing sideways with no traction and had to repeatedly plant my spud and pull forward several ft at a time all the way in. Scary enough that I was quick to pony up the cash for a pair of Khatoola microspikes ASAP. No trouble since then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

4. Papa Liver

Papa Liver

Yep SDI brand are sweet. 3rd season and still look like New with fairly heavy use.

5. Fishing 24/7

Fishing 24/7

I use 3/8" Kold Kutters and they seem to work fine but they are on boots that I only wear ice fishing. have to take the boots off before you walk on carpet or it will snag and shred it.

6. Millstream

Millstream

I broke the spring yaktrax right away. I tried their chain system this year and it is working better so far but only used a half dozen times. I added the velcro strap on top from the spring version otherwise they'd likely fall off. May not work as well as the spiked ones in some conditions such as frozen slush. Only $30

7. Fishing 24/7

Fishing 24/7

The other thing I like about kold kutters s that they don't fall off on accident

8. Papa Liver

Papa Liver

SDI brand are super tight. If they fell off pretty sure it would be from a tragic accident lol. Could get hit by a train and they'd find your boots with em still on stuck in a tree. With my Mickeys don't know bout any other boots.

Fishing 24/7 likes this.
  9. woodsman5858

woodsman5858

10. arson117

arson117

Kahtoola's!!

11. KCRuger

KCRuger

Never used anything before this year. I went with the Kahtoola's Micro spikes. All I have to say is Fantastic!!! I should have done this a long time ago. If I was not fishing I would have for got I was on the ice.