close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what type of cleats do you guys like?

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by michael marrs, Dec 15, 2017.

1. towner

towner

yup...Stabilicers all the way! Super traction and having the extra sole is added protection from cold and wet ice.

2. michigandrake

michigandrake

Yak Trax for me ..... not the most durable but the most comfortable I've found.

3. upnorthEric

upnorthEric

Yak tracks for most days. Depending on ice conditions and how much I plan on walking, sometimes I break out the Kahtoola Microspikes.

4. zer0

zer0

For dedicated ice fishing boots with a thick sole. ATV studs!

Hardware stores carry TAPCON screws, which have a similar head design to the ATV studs. Although you may have to trim the screw length, all I have found is 3/4" which would probably poke through.

ATV STUDS
    [​IMG]

Fishing 24/7 likes this.
  5. Smallie12

Smallie12

upload_2017-12-22_19-51-23.png

Korkers all the way. Had these for around 20 years and only ever lost one spike. Easy on and off, extra insulation from the snow and ice with the super tough rubber sole, plenty of traction, actually mine still look like new and I've fished the Maummee river in the spring during the walleye run for years and many other rocky rivers when wading for salmon/steel or chasing smallies. Paid around $60 for them but they've outlasted all my other equipment and a couple pair of waders, won't get anything but these ever again especially when my buddy goes through a cheap pair of cleats every year but won't make the investment.

Bigrigins likes this.
  6. Gillgitter

Gillgitter

I have Neos that fit over my Rocky boots. 1000 grams of insulation with the Neos over them keeps me pretty warm.
    If its really cold or I'm going to be out all day its Stabilicers and my Sorel pac boots.

7. Crayfish Trapper

Crayfish Trapper Premium Member

+1 on the Kahtoola's.

KCRuger likes this.
  8. woodie slayer

woodie slayer

i have stablicers on my original icemans havent slipped and fell since i bought them 5 years ago.HT makes a knock off my buddy bought them and all his studs pulled out first year.

9. Jiw275

Jiw275

Let me backtrack. The wires broke on the pair I have and almost made me fall. The bosses throw rug has a substantial run in it.

Going to change to something different.

michael marrs likes this.
  10. Drisc13

Drisc13

Korkers! Heavy but absolute best. I use 'em on waders chasing salmon and steelies, too. Easily removable when not needed. (Remember to check/tighten carbide spikes once or twice a season).

michael marrs and Smallie12 like this.
  11. michael marrs

michael marrs

I seen the korkers couple days ago at Jays, withed I would have gotten them

12. Smallie12

Smallie12

They are sweet man. Can always just order a pair online. Had them 20+ years originally for wading streams then started using them ice fishing and wouldn't ever use anything else. Many think they are too expensive but they last forever and have outlasted a lot of my other gear.

michael marrs likes this.
  13. etextor

etextor Premium Member

Bought the SDI ice hoppers last year. They are awesome! Good price, super easy to put on and best traction I've ever had on ice.

14. JoeLansing

JoeLansing

foxfire69 likes this.
  15. etextor

etextor Premium Member

Hate to say it but I bought a pair of those last year. They lasted about a month and straps started breaking. They have no traction for your heal. If feet slip forward and toes go up....you go down.
    Hopefully you have better luck than I did.