What to do with these rods

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by mbirdsley, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Grinnell

Grinnell

I also use 9-10.5 footers for every species I can think of in Michigan and also in the salt. Very versatile. My steelhead pier rods have served me well for long line finesse trolling for walleye and steelhead lately. Just get a good reel- and set it loose!

2. Grinnell

Grinnell

Shimano Sienna 2500- 4000. Cheap and reliable.

3. MichiganMan67

MichiganMan67

I use them in the spring when coho, steelies, and browns are shallow. 40 series reel spooled with 30lb braid. be sure to start the spool with a few wraps of mono to attach the braid to avoid slippage on the spool. Attatch a 12lb mono leader about 7 or 8ft long via a good barrel swivel to prevent nasty line twist. Some species spin like crazy when hooked. I flat line them out the shoot. Pure fun.

4. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

That’s along the lines of what I was thinking of doing . I have little boards that require a swivel and bead too.

I’d like to spend the spring and fall trolling for trout walleye, and what ever else . than probably switch over to bass by mid May. I won’t use those rods for salmon but, I hope to be in front of the frankfort pier heads this time next year with the new boat. But, that also requires investment in salmon gear. I can get get Hand me downs from grandpa and my younger brother for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk