What is the Value of 1975 Browning 9mm Hi-Power, Belgium?

Discussion in 'Firearm Identification/Value' started by Tam Davage, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Tam Davage

Tam Davage

Hello, I am hoping that someone here with more knowledge of firearms might be able to advise me.

I am interested in selling my 1975 Browning 9mm Hi-Power with the 13-round magazine capacity. Made in Belgium. Serial number prefix 75C, with all blued finish, checkered walnut grips, adjustable sights, and one magazine. I have 525 rounds of 9mm ammo to go with it.

Any idea of what it might be worth?

Thank you,
    Tam

[email protected]

2. Petronius

Petronius Staff Member Premium Member Mods

Send a PM to 9mm Hi-Power. Browning Hi-Power pistols are his baby.

3. Tam Davage

Tam Davage

Thank you so much for the suggestion.
    Though I am baffled as to how to start a PM... I have been stumbling around the website trying to figure it out. Could you please tell me how to start a PM? :)

4. siding guy

siding guy

Take it to Gaylord gun show this weekend and you will find out.

5. Tam Davage

Tam Davage

That is a really good idea. Thank you. :)

6. OnHoPr

OnHoPr

I don't know, but sweet piece. a real gun.

ESOX likes this.
  7. Tam Davage

Tam Davage

Thanks. It is a beauty!

8. Petronius

One way to start a PM/Conversation is to click on "Inbox" near the top of the page on the right side of the black bar. In the box that pops up, you will see "Start A New Conversation". Click on that. Next to Participant, put in the members name you want to send it to.

9. Tam Davage

Tam Davage

That does not work for me. Maybe because I am a noob I am not allowed to start a PM. When I click on "start a conversation" In the "Useful Links" on the bottom of the page, I get this message:
    Michigan Sportsman - Online Michigan Hunting and Fishing Resource - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

10. Petronius

Instead of going to 'Start A Conversation" under Useful Links, try doing it the way I explained in post #8.

11. Tam Davage

Tam Davage

I tried that. When I hover over "inbox" the only option I get is "Conversations", no "Start A New Conversation" option shows up for me.
    Maybe me, as a noob can't PM folks as a way to keep creepy people from just creating a new profile so that they continue hassling someone.... it shouldn't be this difficult. :)
    Thank you very much for all of your effort in trying to help me out.
    Best Regards, Tam

12. 9mm Hi-Power

9mm Hi-Power Premium Member

Well- thanks for the compliment.

Not disputing but how did you come up with the 1975 date? 1975 would make it a "C" series. You don't say anything about condition and remember a seller's 98% is a buyer's 88% or so they say.

FN ceased production of the Hi-Power last year or so and prices have subsequently climbed. Guns America has a 1976 C series with adjustable sights listed at $1,350. The owner is selling it as "new" but then with the caveat "...it may have been fired..." :rolleyes: Remember this is asking and not a final sale price. I think this is rather high. I would peruse Guns America and other similar sites.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/986850430/Hi-Power-1976-C-9MM-as-new-w-Browning-Pouch.htm

If you're intent on a quick turnover on it I'd call Art's Guns in Hillsboro, MO. They are the premier repair/restoration center for browning firearms and will often buy such products outright. I've dealt with them for a decade or so and can highly recommend them for anything marked "Browning". Hope this help.

9mm Hi-Power

Gil Martin and Petronius like this.
  13. Tam Davage

Tam Davage

Hi 9mm Hi-Power,
    Thank you so much for getting to me.
    The serial number starts 75C_____. From what I found online, that makes it a 1975.
    $1,350 does seem high. The reason why I am inquiring as to it's value is that I have seen wildly different prices online for these.
    I inherited this from my father in-law. Never got a chance to shoot it much. Dealing with some health issues and need to sell it. :-( So quick turnover is not as important to me as getting what it is worth..... whatever that is. I don't have a lot of gun knowledge... but I know just by holding the Hi-Power that it is definitely NOT a Glock. :)
    As far as condition goes, I can't judge.... the outside looks great but I would not know what I was looking at disassembled.
    If I took it to a gun show and it was the buyer's 88% (smile) what do you think that I should ask for it?
    Thank you very much for your input and advise.
    Best Regards,
    Tam

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  14. Tam Davage

Tam Davage

Here she is. :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    zimmzala and Big Frank 25 like this.
  15. Petronius

Oooooo, Oooooo