What do you to pass long hours in your tree stand?

Discussion in 'Archery' started by Ray Duve, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Timberdoodle2

Timberdoodle2

i can assure yu that hearing loss turns yu into a rubber neck but todays hearing aids are a god send,, got a set this spring and its amazing wht i had been missing.. look into it!! costco set 1500.00

November Sunrise likes this.
  2. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

I might just have to do that

3. Macs13

Macs13

Mcmadman1 likes this.
  4. boomer_x7

boomer_x7

ckosal, Mcmadman1, zimmzala and 2 others like this.
  5. SteelShot

SteelShot

I spend the time reading on my phone and catching up on here. Oh and cussing out all the squirrels that get you all excited until you see the little tree rats. I keep saying I’m going to bring a blow gun one of these years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

The biggest jolt I ever got was when I was listening to a deer coming up behind me and then he landed right between my shoulder blades. I think it was a red squirrel but I never saw it. That's a good way to land on the ground in a hurry and I think may have screamed like a girl.

ckosal and NoJoe like this.
  7. Just A Girl

Just A Girl

Pray, range guess different trees/land marks, count backwards from 100, have mean thoughts towards squirrels, if I'm cold I flex/contract muscle groups.
    Hunting with one of my buddies, everyone of their stories started like this "So there I was doing Sudoku and I looked up......"

November Sunrise likes this.
  8. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

What did you guys do before cell phones and all these fancy blinds? We stood by or sat on a pine stump and if it was really cold we built a fire and no fire doesn't bother deer.

Glock1911 likes this.
  9. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

I have to concentrate on not driving myself bananas. Repeated 4-5 hours sits in the archery season will push me over the edge.

Pot heads I know are the best sitters in the woods. 6 hours stone still..... lol

MichiFishy and Big Skip like this.
  10. smith34

smith34

I scan for deer, enjoy watching all the various critters (even when it’s a squirrel that hops on your leg or a coon setting 2’ from your head trying to figure out what’s not quite normal (ok, the one that pissed on me this year made me mad!!!)) or the big one...looking around and building a massive to-do list for myself for habitat improvements to begin Jan 2nd! Watching animals use improvements that have been made and seeing how slight adjustments are needed or how I screwed up is my big one. Day goes by pretty quick when you can slow yourself down and enjoy what is around you and take it all in.

MichMac, MichiFishy and Timberdoodle2 like this.
  11. 22 Chuck

22 Chuck

If your strapped in just take a nap...

12. Macs13

Macs13

I think this qualifies for this thread.... if i wanted to pass that hour or two sitting in the stand before the deer move where I'm at, could I plink squirrels?

To be clear, I mean within bag limits and to eat, not just to kill tree rats. Also, not looking to debate whether it'll scare deer away. The actual question is whether I can have my 22 rifle in the field with me, during gun season, while I'm deer hunting and also in possession of the deer rifle?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

13. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

I don't know why you couldn't. You have a license for both. I am thinking about the same thing because I see way more squirrels than deer.

Macs13 likes this.
  14. Macs13

Macs13

Just figured I'd ask. There are some esoteric rules that I'm sure some CO out there would love to write up. Lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

15. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask then you would be sure.