What are your views on shielding?

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by brushbuster, Nov 24, 2020.

1. jimbo

jimbo

my 94 yr old mother passed about a yr before this all hit. This summer I mentioned to my siblings that Im glad she didnt live to see this mess. Just being able to see her thru a window would have killed her

2. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

The CDC document on shielding is applicable to displaced populations in foreign countries such as those in refugee camps or where humanitarian groups or mission organizations are dealing with populations in crisis. These are people who often lack access to sufficient health care and where human and financial resources can be quickly overwhelmed. The document is an attempt to define how the groups and people who serve in those populations could try to mitigate risk.

It has nothing to do with all the theories you're sharing about civil liberties, mask wearing, etc. in the United States.

3. triplelunger

triplelunger

Life's full of tough decisions if the government doesn't do all your thinkin, huh?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

TK81, brewster, Scout 2 and 1 other person like this.
  4. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

They aren't making this decision but yeah I guess it would be easier if they had. The government doesn't sleep next to me. Google listens but not Gretch.

5. LuckyBucks

LuckyBucks

If I was older and my family wanted me to live at deer camp for a year or two, while dropping off supplies once or twice a month and chatting outside from 50+ feet away, it would be fine with me :)

6. Ieatshrooms

Ieatshrooms

I don't have much of a care for mask or no mask but I do love logic...and your argument is void of logic. If we apply your same logic to, lets say, driving on the road, how would that work? So if I drive and follow all the laws, I will be perfectly safe? Even though other people might be hammered, driving in the wrong lanes, blowing through red lights, you think it wouldn't impact me, so long as I do whatever I can to follow the laws?

7. triplelunger

triplelunger

Using my flawed logic, you would have to be someone I care about and a bad driver. Then I would do all in my power to keep you off the road.

LuckyBucks likes this.
  8. wpmisport

wpmisport

Sorry to hear about your MIL. Just found out that my mother that is in a nursing home tested positive today. This nursing home was case free until last week and now it is spreading fast. Not much someone can do for nursing home patients as it is up to the staff and doctors.

9. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

He could be a very good driver and still get smacked by a bad driver.

Or you get so damn many bad drivers out there they start crashing into living rooms lol

Ieatshrooms likes this.
  10. Gamekeeper

Gamekeeper

You’re never going to be able to bridge the gap between the two groups on that. It’s just like what we were thinking we should do about Ebola here in the United States. People split into two camps and they were both equally noisy.

11. triplelunger

triplelunger

I have a hunch that I'll personally react a bit more positively to covid than to a 70mph head on collision.

jiggin is livin and sureshot006 like this.
  12. Ieatshrooms

Ieatshrooms

I am not following.

Another example that is directly related to masks...I read an article last week that some couple hosted a wedding with about 80 people. Something like 55 of them now have rona. The couple's grandparents wanted to go to the wedding, so they wore masks and tried to keep their space. Nobody else wore masks even though they were giving them out at the door. The grandparents now have covid because masks aren't meant to shield you from the rona as much as they are designed to lessen you spreading the virus if you are infected. So even though they did everything they could, except for staying at home and missing their grandchild's wedding, they were sickened because nobody else cared to wear masks.

You think the better option is for them to stay at home and not go their granddaughters wedding?

Or the granddaughter shouldn't have had a wedding at all?

Or, people should have all worn masks and (statistically proven), the grandparents would be very unlikely to now have COVID?

I can see validity to all 3 options.

13. kdx1980

kdx1980

Anti maskers do not use logic and ignore science and data. Simply put, if they did they would not be anti maskers. It all comes down to "I don't like them so I'm not going to wear them" the rest is just how they justify it to themselves and others I almost forgot "no one is going to tell me what to do" equivalent of a toddler in an adult body

Sent from my VS996 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Lightfoot, pescadero and zig like this.
  14. brushbuster

brushbuster Premium Member

It's not that I'm an anti masker,wear one if you want. I'll even wear one if it makes you feel good. Just not fond of government enforcement. We are moving down paths for the sake of temporary safety that I find more frightening than covid.

Brian W., birdhntr, Fool'em and 12 others like this.
  15. brushbuster

brushbuster Premium Member

Yeah it's really sad. My wife can't hold her mom's hand and tell her she loves her. It's really maddening as well.