What are conditions mid river

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by James Breslin, May 16, 2018 at 10:03 AM.

1. James Breslin

James Breslin

Thinking of heading out in the Thursday morning. How is the water at mid river or do I need to head above the rouge river? Thanks for any help

2. Wall-llard Willie

Wall-llard Willie

been out every day this week and the conditions have been fine.
    Lots of fish still around as well and I've only caught 2 of the unspoken kind of fish this year:)

ggoblue and Bonz 54 like this.

3. ERICG

ERICG

4. ERICG

ERICG

???
    Can I ask where abouts u been gettn the eyes, vs. No W.B.
    Have not been on the river in 3
    Weeks

Thanks

5. ggoblue

ggoblue Premium Member

There are no areas where you don't get eyes. They're everywhere

6. Wall-llard Willie

Wall-llard Willie

ggoblue is correct! My boat is slipped right next to the wyandotte ramp. I have not had to go more than a mile from my slip. We've caught limits every trip out since the 2nd week of April and I think the longest its taken us is 2.5 hours.
    I personally have fished at the head of fighting Island only the last 3 weeks but know mudd, basf, candlestick, GLS and more have been producing limits as well.
    Color doesn't seem to really matter not either but again I've only used a black jig and black ice for the last 3 weeks.

7. bogie

bogie

Fished the last two days and i can confirm other reports. US side is slightly stained, I counted about 2-3ft visibility Tuesday and probably 1.5-2 today. LOTS of floating debris, so watch out. The fish are everywhere.... and the WB are starting to trickle into the mid river area. I expect we have another week maybe a touch more before getting down to the walleye becomes more difficult. Good luck, and tight lines!

8. Wall-llard Willie

Wall-llard Willie

punched our 4 man CA limit in under 60 minutes yesterday 4-5 pm.
    I have a LOT of happy neighbors and family this year:)

9. bucksrus

bucksrus

Clarity was great yesterday evening mid river. As others said, bunch of eyes and floating debris. We didn't catch any of the pain in the a.. fish. Oh, lots of pleasure boat traffic starting too. One major douche almost swamped a few guys. I took his wake over my bow. Everyone was yelling at him which was actually pretty funny to my kid! ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526561288.038411.jpg

Uncle Boopoo and Divers Down like this.
  10. Fried Fillets

Fried Fillets

Buck, that pic looks like the CA across from the blue steel mill, correct? I like that drift from the white buoy just past the red buoy.

11. bucksrus

bucksrus

That was actually taken just a little south of Mud (that is Mud in the pic). But yes, I know that drift you are talking about and I love it too!