What Annoys You Out There?

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by vsmorgantown, Nov 17, 2020.

1. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

That drives me nuts too. I came across one last week that you could literally see the pop up from the road. Orange ribbons on EVERY tree from the road to the blind. You could touch one ribbon from the next. I laughed and told my wife it had to be a joke from a friend of theirs.

I’ve done that more than once. They are my favorite stories too. It’s way easier than putting in all the planning and effort to have it, more than likely, not play out in your favor.

2. TK81

TK81 Premium Member

About 35 years ago, I came home from Michigan State for the Thanksgiving holiday. Closed the Apple Core Lounge (in the Shelbyville boonies) and got home about 3am. Shook the cobwebs out about 5:30am and headed for my buddy's parent's farm. Cleared a spot in the new fallen snow and squatted up against a big Oak. Slept until about 8am when a couple gun shots rang out from across the corn field. First thing I see is a big 8 point making a bee line straight across the field toward me from about 300 yards away. When he got within about 30 yards, I put one right in his chest. He piled up about 10 yards from me. These days I can't imagine staying up until 3am and wouldn't make it near the woods in the morning if I did stay up that late.

3. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Probably someone trespassing within the 300 yard exclusion zone that public land is known for.

4. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Almost 250 posts here, and yet no one has mentioned those annoying flights that Aero-Med makes over your blind. The nerve of these sick and injured people. :rolleyes:

5. TK81

TK81 Premium Member

Could be worse.

Remember these guys in the 80's and 90's?

upload_2020-11-22_9-8-42.png

Now that was annoying.

6. Former grunt

Former grunt

Guys that when they text or call you saying that they shot one and want help tracking and you know it's about to be a "fun" adventure.

7. lil bluegill

lil bluegill

I got a couple people who will walk aimlessly in the direction they “think” the deer went after they couldn’t see it anymore. Don’t even look at the ground and just walk all over like it’s no big deal! Really frustrating but all in all it’s their deer so if they wanna lose it that’s on them.

8. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

That is frustrating. I have learned through the years that my recollection of what happened in those 3 seconds after the shot isn't usually what I thought I saw. Following the actual sign is the only way to continually be successful, especially when a blood trail isn't great. Sometimes all you have to follow is kicked up leaves for a while until you find blood again to confirm you're on the right trail. People walking all over doesn't help a single bit.

I can't count how many times what I thought happened and what actually happened aren't the same. Sometimes by as much as 10-20yd difference in where the deer actually went.

Good one, I didn't think of it.

9. Captain of the 4-C's

Captain of the 4-C's Premium Member

Waking up with a case of gurgle gut knowing that you will miss the start of an all day hunt. Climbing up and down a tree to relieve it is not my idea of a nice day of hunting.

10. John Hine

John Hine

Guys that whine & pout cause they’re not seeing any deer & refuse to make any changes & shoot down every piece of advice that is offered. That’s a real pain!!!

11. grouse25

grouse25

This sounds like someone in the northeast Michigan thread lol. And I would agree with the annoyance.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

buckguts1970, Dish7 and John Hine like this.
  12. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." FM

13. Dish7

Dish7

I wonder what this could be in reference to, lol. :lol:

14. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Mods

ALWAYS use your compass to mark the last landmark that you could see or hear the deer. Perspective changes from your stand to the ground.
    Even if I see 'em go down, I'll retrieve my arrow and follow the blood trail. I mean; who doesn't like to appreciate a really good blood trail!!!
    <----<<<

15. trailtrimmer

trailtrimmer

Family members on adjacent land that trespass, share tags and shoot every doe they can on combo tags that may or may not exist.