Western U.P. lodging

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by remmi, May 5, 2018.

1. remmi

remmi

Looking for lodging ideas for near crystal falls area for the 2nd or 3rd week of October. Don't need anything fancy just a place to sleep and cook some meals for a bird hunting trip.
    Thanks, Kevin

2. Cork Dust

Cork Dust

https://www.rentalhomes.com/propert...hing-hiking-hunting-and-nature/HA-509589?sf=2

There are other camps for rent as well in the surrounding area via AirBnB or VRBO sites. If you are willing to camp. Wisconsin Electric has two designated camping sites near Crystal Falls. One is located south of town on Paint River Pond. The other is east of town on Peavey Pond. I have stayed numerous times at this site, as well as a MDNR Forest Campground north on Glidden Lake-water and pit toilets. No electric hook-ups. Lake Mary resort has cabins for rent as well.

Where I would not stay is the mom and pop motel and resort next to the bridge on the Michigamme. We stayed there three days while hunting upland birds...major flea issues as a consequence. There is a run-down motel on the way out of town to the south as you leave to drive down to Florence, Wisconsin. Iron River has a nice AmericInn facility.

stickbow shooter likes this.

3. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

AmericiInn is nice. Ski Brule has some sweet rentals as well. There is a few places on Sunset lake and Stanley lake also. But these are all over in West Iron County.

4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Stanley and Chicagoan Lakes have rental cottages.

5. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

That would be the Chicagoan Inn or George Youngs.

6. Cork Dust

Cork Dust

I used to ski a classic technique race over at George Youngs facility. At that time they had no lodging on site. Chicagoan Inn is decent, but well away from most of the better bird hunting around C. Falls.

stickbow shooter likes this.
  7. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

Yep, I agree. Just try to remember places lol. Getting older is tuff. I don't know if there are any places over by Michagamee or Camp Five area. I do know of that one you mentioned on the river. Never stayed there, it did look alot better 30 years ago.

8. buckman66

buckman66

The place on the Michigamme river is called the Michi Aho motel.
    Give them another chance. All rooms have been recently renovated. I stayed there all through the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. It was a little rough. Now, it’s much better and you can literally hunt in any direction from that spot.

9. up-hunter

up-hunter