close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wellston water table

Discussion in 'Michigan Homesteading and Home Improvement' started by Grouseman2, Jul 2, 2017.

1. TK81

TK81

Just give it a shot (the sand point). If you hit water, get it tested. Otherwise, get ready to pony up.

2. TK81

TK81

No thread hijack intended, but you probably live very close to where I saw my first wild bears in Michigan. A buddy and I were culvert hopping for trout one morning and just as we pulled up to the corner of Boschem and Pine Lake Rd, a mama and two cubs crossed Boschem about 50 yards south of us. Many years ago.

3. jimp

jimp Hunter gatherer Premium Member

Formerly Rochester Hills, Finally! Wellston
    Next road north, 6th.
    Oh yeah, they're around.
    A while back there was a poo pile in the back driveway...

4. feedinggrounds

feedinggrounds

It does fine, I do wear out a set of leathers once a year. The water is only 17 foot down in the 37 foot well, it came up to that point. I think that is called static pressure.

5. lenray

lenray

You are not understanding the situation--regarding feet deep. I have driven wells that are 60 ft. down, but have water that comes up the pipe 40 ft.--it is the static water level.....most wells will have water come up the pipe--some even flow....

6. Grouseman2

Grouseman2

Correct I don't fully understand it. I was going to give Peterson's a call and pick there brain, just not sure how much info they'll be willing to give me if they know I plan to do it myself. I guess I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Thanks,

Mike

7. big blu

big blu

I grew up on cranberry st. Back in the 80s. Loved it, spent alot of time along pine creek