close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well Now What

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Matt Bailey, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Matt Bailey

Matt Bailey

I was all ready Monday to go Pickup my New Lund Rebel 1650, and today wife hit me with why don't you just get a fishing pontoon, that way everyone could go, and enjoy themselves, and said I only will go a few times a month, and its not like I will or even have time to goto Huge lakes....she actually made pretty valid points, can someone give me a good comeback here? or does anyone use these to fish with?

2. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

Who is everyone ? Nothing like a party barge to attract friends you didn't know you had . Besides pontoons are a pain to move and store and get on some lakes . They are great if you live on a lake .Go for the Lund .

3. Waif

Waif Premium Member

A pontoon kept at a dock or a slip...maybe.
    Nice platforms if waves are low.
    Vs. a 16' aluminum boat? I' ll take the sixteen footer any day for versatility and ease of use. And I like the poontoon deck.....
    Other boats wakes and much wind make the sixteen no way near to big on small lakes.

4. Fishn Michn

Fishn Michn

Get the toon! 20', bunk trailer, ipilot, awesome fishing machine. Trolls down, can drift, shallow draft, and way more stable then a v bottom. Storage, luxury, comfort, awesome

jiggin is livin likes this.
  5. flocknocker1

flocknocker1

I wou
    I would definitely go with the Lund , much easier to trailer and very versatile . Although I would opt for a bigger one.I have a 18 ' Pro V and 3 is about max for room to fish with tackle bags,coolers,miscellaneous gear taking up the bow space . Wish I would have gone bigger with a full windshield .I do see an occasional pontoon on Lake Erie and Saginaw Bay, but not many,and never with 3 footers on the water . Not to say they are not out there some where,I just have never seen one . It seems your fishing would be limited in a pontoon,especially in a river system .

6. shrubmasters@gmail.com

shrubmasters@gmail.com

Lund. End of story..........!! Shrubby

7. CrashAxe

CrashAxe

Get both!!!! Problem solved.

8. seanwr400

seanwr400

The toons get through rougher water than most people think work a smooth dry ride. Get a dealer to take you for a ride on one on a good breezy day. For me it all comes down to being trailerable easy. 16 foot v-bottom I can handle launching myself and launch it anyplace and to with the smallest of vehicles. Wouldn't want a pontoon less than 20'.... Which means bigger type vehicle, needs better ramp, and a couple people to launch and retrieve it even in the slightest wind........ But if it is something your gonna leave in the water..... That makes for a way better case to own the pontoon.....

jiggin is livin likes this.
  9. chemo13

chemo13 Premium Member

Lance Valentine promotes a fishing pontoon from Angler's Quest. Looks pretty tricked out for fishing.

bounty hunter likes this.
  10. Zib

Zib

Pontoons are nice if you live on the lake or have it docked at a marina but trailering it around & storing it can be an issue depending on the size. You could compromise with the wife & go with more of a fish n ski.

I fish out of my out-laws 22' pontoon on Houghton Lake & it's docked at a marina. My dad had a 20' that he trailered to the lake that was only a mile away. He also had a garage/yard that it fit in. It was a PIA trying to launch & retrieve it by yourself.

11. Outdoors Fool

Outdoors Fool

I keep looking at the angler Qwest pro troll, wife actually told me I should go for a test drive.....

12. Matt Bailey

Matt Bailey

I keep going back and forth, looked at a Bass Buggy 18

13. Matt Bailey

Matt Bailey

Just looked at Apex, looks really cool, but think would be tough sell to her as a family boat at times

14. seanwr400

seanwr400

What body of water are you mostly going to use it on?

15. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    Man up, put your foot down and get that 16-18 footer.
    Don't let them think that they have a say in the choice.

phantom cls, kbreal15 and jimbo like this.