Weight release. Anyone know where I can get these?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Zofchak, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Zofchak

Zofchak

I have just a few of these remaining and so far have come up empty on finding them online. Does anyone know of a good "brick and mortar" or online source for this style of release? It has a small spring inside to allow the weight to drop away when a fish hits. Thanks for any help.

[​IMG]

2. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Lakeside Tackle, 10 Mile & Jefferson, St Clair Shores.

3. Zofchak

Zofchak

Thanks Esox! I haven't been to Lakeside since they closed up the Farmington store. They always did have some of the hard to find stuff.

4. SCOUTER

SCOUTER

Seen them at franks great outdoors two days ago. 2 pack for about $5.

5. snaggs

snaggs Banned

For the life of me!!! I cannot understand why some people continue to be so desperate to catch a fish as to drop $money$ in the form of a toxicant *lead* into our waters. I can see getting hung up on a rock without actually wanting to lose a weight,but to buy lead,and purposly drop it off and pollute our waters is a wanton disrespect for any waterway. There are much better ways to fish for a fish. This site needs to promote good fishing practices and dedicate and dictate contra-methods to lead drop devices. Now by doing that one becomes a better and real sportsman,.... a Michigan Sportsman.

6. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

7. DougJr.

DougJr.

Zofchak
    I use a weight release line called "Sinker-Dropper". It is exceptionally small and I find it very effective. If you go to www.sinker-dropper.com you will see this interesting tool. I order these online. If you go to their website you will find them very helpful and knowledgeable. Bill Vanderweken has been very helpful and generous with his knowledgeable. You won't go wrong if you try this system out. Price is much lower in cost and no springs to break. Very user friendly. Good luck.
    DougJr.