Weds Night - Kzoo River - Allegan Dam

Discussion in 'South West Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by JFritz, Mar 11, 2009.

1. JFritz

JFritz

Wanting to go but not wanting to waste time.

Any reports from the past couple days?

I know that water is high and fast. It's cold outside and the wind is blowing pretty good.

Hows the outlook on catching 1-2 eyes or steelies?

2. gooseboy

gooseboy

if your at the river its better odds catching something that swims than to be NOT at the river....leaving in 30 minutes

3. JFritz

JFritz

that is truely sound advice.

4. smoke73

smoke73

The fishing is some what dependent on what gates are open. The water is high and muddy.

5. Spanky

Spanky Retired

I don't know about you, but anytime spent fishing should not be considered wasting time. If the value of you trip depends on the number of fish you harvest, you are missing something!

Take a chance, go find out. You might even have fun without catching fish.;)

6. Echolalia

Echolalia

Are there any good locations by the Allegan dam for fly fishing, without the use of a boat (if you even consider that fly fishing ;))? I want to plan a drive up there soon, but don't want to waste time and gas money if there aren't any spots accessible for fly fishermen.

7. MallardMaster

MallardMaster

I would not say that there is no opportunity to fly fish, but I never have, nor have I evern seen anyone doing. Perhaps going there and trying it would be a good thing. I would think you would have a better opportunity to go up to Tippy, but that is my $.02. As for river conditions, I have not been there since Saturday, and my mental report says "high and muddy". Can I get a confirmation on this!!! :lol:

8. JFritz

JFritz

didn't get a chance to make it out.

My buddy wasn't able to go.

High and muddy = don't fish alone!

9. Sparky23

Sparky23 Banned

send me a pm, ill give ya some spots

10. NickOfthEwooDs

NickOfthEwooDs

Any updated reports on the k-zoo river conditions and steelhead numbers between M-89 bridge and the dam? Taking my boat tomorrow and would like to have some hook ups, instead of let downs.

11. TheUrbanMustache

TheUrbanMustache Guest

first time poster! nick welcome to the site. my suggestion would be go and give us a report! doesn't seem like a lot to ask, eh? you wont know unless you go.;)

12. NickOfthEwooDs

NickOfthEwooDs

Did not take the boat today.(could not find a fishing partner)I ended up fishing the steel wall and other holes futher down. Hooked into a lot of suckers and walleyes, but no steelies. I did see some steelhead caught from the boats, but few and far between. The water droped a lot since last friday, 3-4 feet if not more.(Only one shoot open) Maybe the rain that we get will make the fishing better. I can only hope. Good Luck to all.

13. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Fished the mid 'Zoo last night. Suckers everywhere. No bumps pulling plugs.

14. Krock.crick

Krock.crick Guest

well to whom it might concern I went on tuesday and caught two steelhead at the dam long trip for me 260 miles round trip lookin to go again wonderin about the gate if it is still open. seen some suckers caught also caught some. some eyes were hooked an released. live south of ann arbor wonderin if someone went today? and if the gate is shut? :fish:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009