Wednesday?

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by Lake Boy, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

You perchin?

2. Sir Walter

Sir Walter

Yes, we’ll be perchin

3. Gone hunting

Gone hunting

We will be out as well, either Wednesday or Thursday evening looking for Perch. Thursday’s forecast is showing east wind but less than 10 kt. This is our second trip ever on lake Erie.

4. bradym54

bradym54

I will be out around 5 pm searching for perch. The forecast looks like a good day to be on the water.

onebad800 likes this.
  5. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

Unfortunately I could not drag my butt out of bed this morning.What did I miss?

6. roger carv

roger carv

Im going in the morning with my 2 boys since the wind finder app is showing winds 3-5MPH... Ill prob launch at Bolles and head towards E bouy unless anyone has a better idea... Going with my 5 and 10 year old so dont need a ton just dont want to be skunked

7. davewcrook

davewcrook

Nothing If you were perch fishing on my boat. Started fishing around 8:30 where we pounded them last week. After 45 min not putting a single fish on board, made the move to deeper water and caught one sheep head. Boats in close moving to deeper water and boats further out moving into shallower water. Quit fishing around 10:00. With nothing but one sheep head. Started fishing by RR buoy forgot to mention.

NEW HUDSON WALT likes this.
  8. terrylee86

terrylee86

Boy Dave we out fished the heck out of your boat. We went all the places that you mentioned and caught 2 6” perch probably closer to 5”. Went to the same spot initially that you did and Thursday had my limit in three hours. I had doubles and triples and today we drove all over that area and did not mark a thing. Did not mark much anywhere and the guys on the radio were having the same issues.

9. Scottr

Scottr

We searched out there today also. Caught 4 perch in 6 moves. Didn’t even mark any significant schools. Picked up at 11, went in front of Fermi, and got 12 walleye. Harnesses, 1 oz, and boards. Even a bonus catfish, sheep, and white perch. They definitely shut down when the wind quit out of the Nw, and started from the Se.

10. onebad800

onebad800

Son and I fished from 5-8pm only managed 17 keepers nothing over 9.5” most were 8-9” , lot less farm animals though was nice beautiful evening to fish though, the minnows from Jeff’s were too big and low count was disappointed but we made due so. Got his first double actually had 2 tonight

Attached Files:

Skinner 2 and Big Frank 25 like this.
  11. bradym54

bradym54

Started fishing at about 5 pm. After an hour and 3 moves we found a couple. We ended up about a mile north of e buoy.

The first hour in the new spot we probably only caught 5 keepers and a bunch of white perch. It slowly picked up as the sun set. The last hour they moved in on us heavy and we caught about 50 nice sized perch. If you went more than 5 seconds without a bite you knew your bait was stolen.

Not sure on the total perch count but I assume around 60. In addition to the perch we caught about 50 white perch, 8 short walleye, 10 sheep and 2 catfish. You couldn't have asked for better conditions than tonight.

Skinner 2 likes this.