weatherby vanguard 308

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Kingor3, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Kingor3

Kingor3

just got one in a trade on craigslist curious if anyone owns one and what they think or any other good info on this gun...thanks

2. nerman25

nerman25

I bought the same gun about 3 years ago. Also in 308. I got the one with a ss barrel. I love the gun. Shoots great and also a great gun shooting and looks wise for the price you pay for it.

3. giver108

giver108

Nashville, TN but back to Manistee someday
    I have one in a .270 Win. and like it. Very accurate for me. My only complaint is that I wish it came with a clip instead of loading a magazine but that's just me.

4. Kingor3

Kingor3

thanks for the info...haven't shot it yet but everything sounds good so far, can't wait to smoke some deer this fall with it hopefully...

5. Beaverhunter2

Beaverhunter2

My daughter has one in .30-06. Very nice; very accurate. However, I too wish it had a clip.

John

6. Perferator

Perferator

I have a Sporter in .257wby. Love the rifle and cartridge but the accuracy wasnt up to my satisfaction until I bedded the action, floated the barrel, epoxied the scope mounts and finally worked up the right load:dizzy:

When I bought it the groups were all over the place but still under their 1.5" guarantee. It will now shoot 1/2" at 112yds most of the time (that's on the bench with front and rear bag).

Nice rifles, smooth action and great reputation. You'll love it. Good luck with the hunting this fall.