We Have a Friend in Lansing

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Luv2hunteup, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

I’m extremely happy that the Nerd left Lansing. He was not a friend to Sportsman he did nothing to help us. His BIL received generous contracts at the expense of us retirees. He lied about numberous things including prevailing wages. I hope residents remember his accomplishments and scent mark his grave.

mbrewer and Carpenter Bill like this.
  2. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

What did he do to hurt the sportsman? I know that the "Witch" was really a big force at helping to shut down the dove season. She is EXTREMELY anti-gun and anti-hunting.

3. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

4. mattawanhunter

mattawanhunter

Yes it was a joke (kind of) about being political, we will see how it goes, not impressed with her gas tax proposal to fix the damned roads and the jury is out if we really end up with auto insurance savings!
    Snyder got hung over Flint and pfas when the city should have been bulldozed and the people dipersersed to a safe place years ago, Michigan's economy sure did well under him! We will see how Jennifer (Ms. Getchen Whitmer) does LOL ...!
    Didn't see the nurd working against sportsman but I may have missed something!
    I heard him speak at a MSP badging ceremony, Michigan and especially Detroit politics are not my strong suit, but I certainly lean to the right!

As for prevailing wage now there is a can of worms,what a crock that just drives the bid price of jobs way up out of sight,I know this 1st hand,puts jobs right in the hands of certain contractors and takes other people right out of the game, we don't even bid those jobs anymore, I'll close the can of worms now leaves a real bad taste in my mouth!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Carpenter Bill and kingfisher 11 like this.
  5. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Snyder’s troubles may just be starting. Search warrants have been served on all his electronic devices over the Flint water crisis handling. Hopefully tax payers money won’t be involved defending his possible misconduct.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1T505V

Nostromo and A.M. General like this.
  6. motdean

motdean

Here is a link to the political forums.

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/forums/political-discussions-freemichigan-com.76/

7. sniper

sniper

Like Luv2 posted in post #1. They have all this extra money now for research, testing and so on. Let’s get to it! Not sure why cwd becomes quiet in the spring/summer. Just comes off to me that’s it’s just not that important in the non hunting seasons. Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

jimlin13 and motdean like this.
  8. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Typically speaking Wildlife Services is not targeting family groups during fawning season.

MSUFW07 likes this.
  9. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

That is simply not true. Does it even matter to you if you lie ? The voters of Michigan voted against dove hunting in overwhelming numbers. Had the DNR ever established doves as a game bird say 75 years ago or so, then we would have had a dove season for more than 1 season. If anyone is to blame, it's the DNR way back when they were establishing hunting seasons.
    It's not like we had a huge number of dove hunters that 1 year during the Granholm years.
    Why not say something about Engler crushing the idea of a dove hunt during his run of Governor ? He stopped the idea because of wealthy supporters from Grand Rapids who were against the idea.
    Most of agree, it's too bad we don't have a season, but why lie ?
    How pathetic. Knowingly lie about this subject. Not surprising at all.

L & O

10. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

I just saw this. It's a heck of an accusation to put out, without a great deal of facts and or evidence to back it up.

11. Ranger Ray

Ranger Ray Smells like, Victory! Premium Member

"What if?" Too important, if true, not to investigate. Just sayin....

Waif likes this.
  12. sniper

sniper

Normally I would agree with your statement but aren’t they trying to eradicate deer especially in the hot zones?? If their trying to find out answers with this disease, you’d think what time of year it was would make zero difference especially in places where their trying to slim the herd size.
    This is no time to roll out the Bambi movie.

motdean and Dish7 like this.
  13. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

She fought it in the state senate. I was not living in Michigan when Engler was governor. I was living in a state that had a dove season. I know the voters voted it down, she supported that vote. She is an anti-hunter. There were no lies.

14. MSUFW07

MSUFW07

The reasoning behind not targeting deer during fawning season and shortly after is that it would take that single fawn going into someones backyard looking for it's mother, bawling because its hungry. And for someone to know that the services were targeting deer near by to throw the whole thing into a tail spin. Like it or not the Bambi metaphor is here to stay. You shouldn't need to look any further then Ann Arbor to see that. White Buffalo was spaying deer because people complained that they were shooting deer. Or in the metroparks because they might shoot one of the deer from "Stranger in The Woods" books.

50% of managing the deer herd is keeping numbers where they need to be, the other 50% is managing the people who have an interest in the deer herd, and that's not just hunters, that's farmers, insurance companies, people who enjoy seeing deer in their backyards, its the intrinsic value of the deer (knowing they are there even if you don't interact with them). Lets be honest there probably isn't a more polarizing subject in the hunting community then deer; APR's, baiting, food plots, the list goes on.

And eradication has never been the goal of the program in the first place. Otherwise it would be a free for all. Unlimited tags, open all year, shoot 'em and let them lie. The goal of the program is to get data about the spread of the disease and knowing its prevalence in the area. That's why they collect heads from the different areas and do the testing. The sharpshooters that are hired by the DNR have the ability to work in areas where hunters normally cant hunt at, inside city parks etc for safety reasons.

mbrewer likes this.
  15. sniper

sniper

If every thing you say above is true then this disease isn’t as disastrous as we’re being led to believe. Hunting in MI is a billion dollar industry. Playing powder puff football with this isn’t and won’t accomplish anything as other states have shown. I’ll be hunting per usual in the near future until someone can change my mind differently. If’s, ands, and buts isn’t enough to change my hunting experiences.

buckguts1970 likes this.