WCO #7 CWD Regulations

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Luv2hunteup, Apr 29, 2019.

1. sniper

sniper

So I blame the non aprs guys that pass 6 does to shoot a spike horn for the spread of cwd. Nanny goat nanny goat! Gimme a break! One of the most obnoxious post of the year so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Lightfoot, jr28schalm and Dish7 like this.
  2. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Now we will hear a Male goat with nipples

QDMAMAN and buckguts1970 like this.

3. rwenglish1

rwenglish1

Any buck walking has great potential to carry the disease from a fawn to a 4.5 year old 8 point where they can then be removed as a carrier.

8-10 years ago they were shot any time when a hunter wanted to shoot them and they were removed from passing on the disease.

APRS is the reason for this disease gettig to where it is. Dont believe me walk it back to the days before aprs.

4. rwenglish1

rwenglish1

I see it is time for me to go, I hear the chatter of the let them go let them grow no matter what the cost crowd!!!!!!!

5. buckguts1970

buckguts1970

I live in Montcalm co.and we have been killing the hell out of all bucks here for all of my 49 years and yet we are the CWD core area. Something don't add up on blaming APRS

Sent from my RCT6513W87 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

6. Waif

Waif

What is more traditional than don't kill doe?
    Is that not what hunters/landowners in the Yoop lobbied for? Oh , there's not enough where you manage. Despite the numbers. Kinda like bucks too.

Keep raggin on others management. Your turn will come.

A.P.R.'s are not proven as causing C.W.D.. C.W.D. is.

Relaying C.W.D. is not causing an A.P.R..

A hunter considering bucks as being involved in the relay is more right that you chiding them for how they manage deer only because they are not promoting an A.P.R.. regardless of buck age .. Which is suspect of increasing odds of infection with each older year class.

You want older bucks ,that's fine.
    You'll enjoy more of them where C.W.D. does not exist than where it does now.
    Reducing doe in C.W.D. areas has that effect.

So when your turn comes , keep killing doe (oh wait , you don't kill doe on your property) while the few older bucks continue to be less due to....Less doe.
    Great management compared to whatever you believe is traditional/[habitually done, used, or found] / Pass another doe,young buck, deer, potential host. Fits right in with current desires of the state, don't it?

7. buckguts1970

buckguts1970

You need to get fired up more often I understood every word you just wrote. Lol

Sent from my RCT6513W87 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

8. G20man

G20man Banned

So what counties under aprs has cwd in Michigan?

9. Waif

Waif

My bad. Pounded a couple coffee's....

10. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

I wonder if they have tested many from Lake, Wexford or Manistee counties ?. I wish my FIL would of had that doe he had on his property tested. It was drooling, lethargic and just standing in one place for over a day before he found it dead in the wood lot. He called the DNR at least twice. They never came out to get it. Finally there response , just bury it.

11. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Hey man it's like cancer. Dont go looking for it. Plus another poster said it's only bucks carrying it

12. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Yes and it was a waifpage 2

buckguts1970 likes this.
  13. sniper

sniper

Yes I agree it would be time to go. No time is a good time to deliver fake news. An agenda driven by hearsay, fictional facts ,and unfortunate timing never ends well. You made the right decision to go. I applaud you.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

14. Dale Malusi

Dale Malusi Banned

That's what you do when a problem comes up you either don't want to, or are not equipped to handle. In the public or private sector.
    CWD is not going away. It is not going to stagnate.
    You let it slide???

stickbow shooter likes this.
  15. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Unlike the landowners in the epicenter of Michigan’s CWD outbreak I will put a lot of deer on the ground just as I do in the bTB zone when the opportunity arises. It is more than coincidental that CWD has only been found in DMUs the high deer concentrations. I drove through Montcalm county Saturday and again today. The road sides are full of rotting deer. I can drive back and forth across the Up dozens of times and still not see that amount of carnage as i observed in the last two days.

If hunters in the epicenter would bring the deer herd to single digit deer per sq mile it would slow the spread. They put their desires ahead of neighboring DMUs hunters who desire is a disease free herd. Do they teach narcissism in the school systems there or is it genetic? It honestly isn’t that hard to kill deer in low deer per sq mile DMUs.