WCO #7 CWD Regulations

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Luv2hunteup, Apr 29, 2019.

1. motdean

motdean

Thank you for sharing.

2. MossyHorns

MossyHorns

Looks like the Liberty Hunt may be moving to the 2nd Saturday in September.

3. motdean

motdean

4. swampbuck

swampbuck

motdean likes this.
  5. motdean

motdean

It will be interesting to see what the NRC does with it.

Also, did you note the last statement in biological impact about “any management action is likely to be challenged...”.

What do you suppose is meant by that?
    Proposal G? (That is a serious question....)

6. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

When I first read it, I took it to mean that because of the potential for environmental contamination, it will be difficult to deal with CWD no matter the strategy.

Dish7 likes this.
  7. motdean

motdean

I guess that it makes sense, but why would they place it there instead of or in addition to of some of the other recommended actions?

After you mentioned it, I skimmed the document, but don’t recall seeing it elsewhere.

8. hear fishie fishie

hear fishie fishie

Read the whole 29 pages this afternoon. That was only place that statement was made. Struck me as odd at the time.
    Lot of work clarifying definitions and some position statements with regards to the CWD containment/eradification plan which appeared to me as window dressing for up coming NRC comission meetings.
    The normal farming practice definition has the word harvest added. Does that mean things like soybeans can't be left standing where winter peas that are used as a cover crop could be left? Some things food plotters plant will already be planted before the commission rules on the final wording Looks like maybe controls are coming to food plots.
    Might have missed something regarding transport of deer where it's ok as long as sex M/F is identifiable but how does one do that when transporting boned out meat from a CWD area/zone????
    There were some other things that didn't seem to make sence but will wait for others to read and comment.

9. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

The NRC and DNR does not have authority over agricultural practices even though they fund them. Just like they don’t have authority over landscaping and gardens.

You are reading something in there that doesn’t exist. Look at the latest news releases for habitat improvement for wildlife. They are not only for deer buck other species too.

10. hear fishie fishie

hear fishie fishie

Have you read that section?
    Think they may just be trying to put a better definition on what constituents normal farming practice which usual results in harvest of crops at maturity.
    Do food plotters harvest what they plant??? Most don't even have harvest equipment of any type for what they are planting.
    Why add the word harvest ? Back door attempt to regulate food plots??
    All we can do is wait till the final wording is published in the game digest and or game law books.
    Hear Fishie Fishie

11. swampbuck

swampbuck

Hopefully

12. mbrewer

mbrewer

Me too. I also consider that in relation to their statement that the low prevalence rates observed and historically slow spread of CWD do not allow MDNR to track spread and prevalence changes that may result from new regulations.

That is the type of CYA Mumbo Jumbo you get when you have Author and Editor at odds over what to say and do.

LabtechLewis likes this.
  13. mbrewer

mbrewer

I seriously doubt that is where they're going but if they wanted to they opened the door a crack with the bait definition. I don't remember the exact language used but something to the effect of intended for ingestion or consumption etc.

14. hear fishie fishie

hear fishie fishie

Yes it is a opening for sure.
    Hope your correct on intent.
    Ag is very hard to regulate as the farmers do a lot of different things with crops for many different reasons: soil conservation soil building or growing season was terrible and crop wasn't worth harvesting.
    Should get a better definition by the time it comes up for inclusion in the game laws.
    Hear Fishie Fishie