Waugoshance Point

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Wannabe Angler, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Wannabe Angler

Wannabe Angler

Read quite a few threads on MS from years back on advice for WSP. So do have some basic understanding - We are camping there in 10 days (Wilderness SP) for 3 nights. My plan is to hit WSP with Waders/Spinning Rod chasing smallies. (I have a fly rod, quite the novice with it, but may try that too). I bought a couple Goby Lures from BPS that I think might work well. Also, will have the typical Tubes/Creature/Ned rigs.

More looking for logistics advice in terms of the hike out to south side of WSP. Is it pretty straight forward from the CampGround? I think just park in last lot and hike it out there? (Like 2-2.5 miles?) Also, are there a bunch of closer pools that I should hit along the way or go directly out? Is there a time of day that I should target over others? Usually when we are camping i try to get out really early while the fam is still sleeping, but perhaps better to go mid-afternoon bite?

Any tips much appreciated! TIA!

2. DRR324

DRR324

Sent you a PM

Wannabe Angler likes this.

3. piketroller

piketroller

With the water so high, advice from previous years may not be very applicable.

Wannabe Angler and MickL like this.
  4. gooseboy

gooseboy

We always went first to second week of June in the late 80’s early 90’s. Find the big boulders submerged, used spinners and crawlers and it was every cast. The schools of carp were impressive. With this high water I would imagine the fish would be more spread out? Don’t know really. Tight lines and let us know how you do. That fishery really started going downhill around 1994 ish, maybe do to over fishing or warming lake temps, no idea

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Wannabe Angler likes this.
  5. Wannabe Angler

Wannabe Angler